6.4l EBP unplugged ?

CockDiesel

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have a 2008 6.4 L powerstroke , I have egr ****** CCV mod, volant cold air, 310 ******* tune, no head studs yet and 71mm and 58mm turbos that I just put in and it still ran like crap ( low power, lot of black smoke and high egt). I changed the exhaust back pressure sensor and map sensor and had no luck changing the issue . It has 2 codes under check engine, P2563 (boost control position sensor ) but my actuator is running fine and P2263 (boost pressure not detected) but I have no leaks and sensors were replaced.

I just unplugged my EBP sensor today and it ran the best it ever has being unplugged. Lower egt's boosting to 40+. My main questions are should I be worried about the codes? And having my EBP unplugged ? And will it hurt my truck leaving it unplugged.

78f100

Reaction score
If is not a good idea to run it long with it unplugged. The actuator won't move the vanes in the turbo and will cause them to stick. You may have a wiring issues to the map of ebp sensor. You need to get a scanner on it and see what they are reading key on engine off then running. Assuming you cleaned the ebp tube when you did the sensor, if not pull the tube and clean it first.

CockDiesel

Reaction score
I ran a scanner from the ford dealer and the codes in my post are what popped up.. There isn't a tube to the EBP anymore . I ******d it and tapped the sensor in up top. I was reading a lot on getting rid of the EBP and getting a flash code for it . Is that a myth or just a bad idea to do

BravoZulu81

Reaction score
If you're running vgt then without it it'll never get the feedback to adjust. When you tapped the plate and installed the sensor, did you use some sort of sealant? Did it possibly get on the sensor? .... Just trying to think outside the box.

Can you possibly get a picture of it mounted back up there? Might help get some insight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CockDiesel

Reaction score
When I get home I'll post a pic. No sealant it was a tight fit and did a bible leak test on it after installed. I also changed the EBP for a new one

Bigboytoys

Reaction score
Ya don't run it without the EBP as it is a vital feed back to the ECM and it will over boost and run higher than usual EGTS

6.4f350

Reaction score
The wires to my EBP sensor broke and caused the VGT to not work at all. My dumbass assumed that the tube to the sensor was clogged (It had just turned really cold here a day or two before), so I stood on the throttle a couple times on the way into town to try and put some heat in it and blow it out. When I got in town, I noticed a ticking coming from my truck. Turned out to be a bent #1 rod. I can't say for certain that I caused that failure, but loading it with fuel at low RPM when I didn't have a working VGT definitely didn't do it any favors.

I didn't find out that the wires had broken until I started tearing it apart to fix the motor, that was a "Doh!" moment for sure.

Latest posts

Members online