6.4L in a 99 SD

charlie-2

Reaction score
heres my take on this, i had a 2000 f-350 7.3l it was a very nice truck but two things i was looking for power and i needed newer,

why swap a 6.4l in a old truck when you can get a 08-10 new body style, interior is 1000000x better, rides better, and you get a 6.4l

i crossed this path already so i sold the 7.3l and picked up a wreaked repo'd not running 08 6.4l for 9k. body is super clean except for a smash in the righ fender and its missing the front bumper and airbags we deployed. got 2 airbags for 300$ and working on front bumper now. truck dose have a clean title. the egr valve and dpf were f'ed up so i got rid of all that. so i have a 08 f-250 running, tuned, 100k miles for about 11-12k.

i just loved the 08-10 look and creature comforts that the older trucks didnt provide. this is what i did. i used copart.com and the bidding process is long and annoing haha :ford:

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
Theres an idea..find one that rolled and has a ton of body but no frame damage.

Or just find an 08 truck that is in good working order ? At least a 6.4 in an OBS is different.

At the point of swapping a 99-07 cab on an 08 truck is just pointless. It looks the same on the outside...

Pmac21

Reaction score
I saw a thread on another ford site im on and a guy took two wrecked trucks (excursion and an 08 250) and put the 08 front end, dash, motor, and seats in the ex. He cut the frame under the drivers door and welded it to the excursion. It turned out looking great.

Latest posts

Members online