6.5 component suggestions?

TRX370r

Reaction score
I have the alpine type x's and Im not too fond of them. Im thinking of the focals for my front and move the alpines to the rear. Where did you pick up your focals and what ones did you get?

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
I have the alpine type x's and Im not too fond of them. Im thinking of the focals for my front and move the alpines to the rear. Where did you pick up your focals and what ones did you get?

I got them from Lakeside Audio here in town, I did the 160A1 up front and the 130A1 rear. Got a JL 300/4 to push them and I'm looking for a 500/1 to push a 13TW5 sub.

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
Well lakeside never got my 5.25's in so I just went with another 6.5 set for the rear, same price so no harm there. Just didnt think it needed 6.5's for the rear.

As soon as I get a clear weekend or more time off work I'll start the install.

rentstdi

Reaction score
Do you have to do any trimming to get 6.5 to fit in a hole for a 6 x 8. All the componant sets on set keep refering me to 5.25's and am just wondering

PTSUPERD

Reaction score
Nice!!

I went with Hertz components up front in mine and Hertz coaxs in the rear panels. Doors and back of the cab were Done with deadner. I did a pair of Image Dynamics 8s in a ported box. Powered the whole system with an old school Memphis "big" Belle.

LOVE the way it turned out. I never would have believed 8s would sound this good...

Yours will sound awesome. Dillehay has a 500/1 on the same sub. He loves his.

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
Even the Access line from Focal blows away most higher priced components.
Everyone knows I'm a long time supporter of theirs....it's just too good to use anything else for the price.

Once you start moving up the product line you'll continue to be blown away.
I'll give you a demo of mine one day...KRX3's up front and K2P's in back is audio nirvana for me....until I finally break down and step up to the Utopia's. lol

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
Even the Access line from Focal blows away most higher priced components.
Everyone knows I'm a long time supporter of theirs....it's just too good to use anything else for the price.

Once you start moving up the product line you'll continue to be blown away.
I'll give you a demo of mine one day...KRX3's up front and K2P's in back is audio nirvana for me....until I finally break down and step up to the Utopia's. lol

Yeah I listened to them in the showroom at lakeside audio in conroe. They put all the other brands to shame and these are just there entry level ones. They sound amazing, its funny you would think once you get past a certain price point you wouldnt be able to tell but they out performed other higher priced brands and these are in no way cheap but they are a bargain for the price and what all you get for it. I returned the 5.25 ones and got another 6.5 set for the rear too so now it will be 6.5 all the way around.

I'd love to hear yours, you've got a audio show room in your truck lol.

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
It's a little excessive...but it's unfrigginbelievable when it's playing.
Sometimes I regret spending that much money for speakers...then I listen to it and I remember why I did it.

I know you're gonna love them....they do take some break in time though. They're kinda bright right out of the box...give them 50 hours of play time though and you'll hear them smooth out wonderfully. The tweeters are designed for fantastic off-axis response...so don't worry about aiming them right at your head. They'll be just fine in the sail panels or a-pillars.

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
It's a little excessive...but it's unfrigginbelievable when it's playing.
Sometimes I regret spending that much money for speakers...then I listen to it and I remember why I did it.

I know you're gonna love them....they do take some break in time though. They're kinda bright right out of the box...give them 50 hours of play time though and you'll hear them smooth out wonderfully. The tweeters are designed for fantastic off-axis response...so don't worry about aiming them right at your head. They'll be just fine in the sail panels or a-pillars.

Awesome, that's what I like to hear. The rears are going up high above the rear seat in the trim molding, but I'm not sure about the fronts just yet. I may glass them into the sail panels though.

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
Also any suggestions on what to use to hook the amps up with the stock stereo? I have a line output converter now but didn't know if there was a better option.

Latest posts

Members online