6.7 fuel issues

Kountry

Reaction score
Decided to change the fuel filters in my 2011 6.7 last night got them changed primed back up,had a little trouble gettin them to prime but truck finally started and let idle for 20 minute,on my way to work this moring the low fuel preasue light would come on then the truck would shut off, threw a code saying fuel system leak detected. Fuel pump seems to be making more noise than normal also, any ideas on what could be the issue??

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Or not tighten it all the way? When they are 1 turn loose, mosttimes it feels tight.

Kxc

Reaction score
Make sure the drain valve has all its seals. I lost one the first time I changed it and learned that lesson.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kountry

Reaction score
I think I got it pretty tight, I was worried about over tightning it and messing something up. After work I guess that's where I will have to start is making sure it's tight, I checked all the hoses this morning and didn't find any leaks anywhere

BigRed97

Reaction score
I think I got it pretty tight, I was worried about over tightning it and messing something up. After work I guess that's where I will have to start is making sure it's tight, I checked all the hoses this morning and didn't find any leaks anywhere

If it it didn't hit the hard stop it's going to leak, if you pushed it past the stop and broke it it's going to leak

Kountry

Reaction score
I'm hopping I just didn't get it tight enough,I guess half a turn can make all the diffrecent in the world, we will find out this afternoon

andrewtac

Reaction score
When I changed mine I was worried about cracking and didn’t tighten it all the way. Truck would fall on its face when I got on it; pump made a loud whine as well. I confirmed it wasn’t tight by looking where the hard stop was, sure enough loose by one turn.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
just a fyi, if you guys oil the oring and oil the threads good on the bowl, you can hand spin it tight till it hits the stop. I do it with one hand so its easily achieved and not over tightened by a ratchet.

live life full throttle

Reaction score

just tighten it til the stop. Thats your problem for sure.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.