6.7 GT4094 Powermax Turbo Install

dseitler

Reaction score
Sounds like you've been doing some wrenching lately!! Did y'all ever figure out the tuning for the 4094 or was it not worth chasing? Can't wait to hear what the new combo is

Keith

The last Tune Tadd did for me was a great tune and Matt also was working with me on tunes for this Turbo. Tadd did a amazing job and wrote over 18 Tunes for me on this project. The Turbo had to much Lag for me but the top end was amazing. Once I had the boost fooler it was fine. Once again I wanted to test more Turbo's to sell. I did not remove the Turbo because there was a problem. I had it figured out and I was moving on. I will offer that Turbo kit to sell.

Which turbo was your favourite for daily driving and which was your overall favourite? Also can you tell us what turbo you special ordered?
For me this is a very easy question. Remember my set up I am running dual fuel with 5" AFE. If your not ever going to run dual fuel I would go with one of the 15 Turbo upgrade kits. If Dual Fuel and 575 plus HP is your goal The BW S363 63x68x.91 is my pick for the daily drivers who want to tow, race and have big horse power without hurting anything and without spending 1500.00 on a Turbo alone. I ran a 13.8, tow 18,000 lbs across the eastern us with no problems at all. It spools almost as fast as stock and the fuel economy is about the same. The main thing is the power and how fast it comes on. It's all about the tune and it's really a major part about the transmission tune. I spent a lot of time with the tuning trying not to have the truck smoke like a train at highway cruise speed when you needed to kick down a gear for a hill or pass someone. That sucks when the cars behind you get smoked out when you don't want them to. You can run about 1800pw with 36 to 42 lbs of boost and a blast driving this setup. IMO this is the max for this setup. Anything else there is not enough air.
There are other choices out there like the HTT's FMW but that cost money but it all depends on your top HP goal. If you want 650 HP this is not for you.
Overall favorite I hope is the one I just installed.

dseitler

Reaction score
I have a question. So I have a billet s363 thing spools awesome with good power but I got my turbo kit when they first came out so nobody had any experience with them so I went on the conservative side and got the 63 because no one really knew at the time how bad a 66 or larger would spool or how safe it would be power wise for the engine. Fast forward several months and now there's more turbo options and I'm seeing guys throw 66 Fmw turbos with no complaints of lag and they seem to be very happy. Now my question. Now that there are more turbo options how much of a difference would I notice if I upgraded to a 66 or larger turbo and would it be worth it? With my mpd kit in place, swapping turbos is now a whole lot easier now that all the oem junk is out. I already have dual fuelers too by the way.
Thanks

IMO the 366 that I installed was a out of the box Turbo so that is what I am basing my opinion on. The Turbo again had to much lag for me. I want it at 1600 to 1800 if I can achieve that. The box 366 was at 2200 to 2400 but when it came on it would snap the boost and you were gone. Produce more boost and ran clean once the Turbo came alive. My problem with it was I have 3:55 gear at 75 mph if I wanted to pass someone on the interstate there would be a massive cloud of black smoke before the Turbo would light. So you would have to drop down a gear every time. Towing was a problem also in the rolling hills with a 10 mph drop with the cruise on before the trans would kick down, turbo would light and by then you would run over the guy in front of you because of the massive power. So you would end up in the stock or low pw to help keep this to a minimum. I'm saying this because I think a lot of you want a stock like truck with massive power and I get that. This set up you have to DRIVE the truck not put in drive and go.
IMO I think the Modified BW Turbo's are the way to go. Not a 363 but not a 366 box Turbo if you want the big over 600HP like I do. There are so many being tested right now its hard to tell. The Turbo I tested last night was incredible. I should have been into the 12's last night but we are throwing a code and going into reduce power 100 feet or more from the 1/4 mile trap. Boost was near 50 and back pressure lower than the 363 box Turbo. Tadd has me dialed in. We are also running for the first time the Tow Haul 1st gear lock out - 2nd Gear Launch - Full Torque Converter lockup 3gear on Trans Tune.
Sorry for the rambling on. It was a exciting night for us and we had waited 3 frustrating weeks for last night.

Reaction score
Once I had the boost fooler it was fine.

This is what I've been wanting to do on the 11-14 trucks to get rid of the off the line vane problems without a bunch of custom tuning.

Sorry we could not have been more help in your transition to a fixed geometry single. We just do not have the parts available and manufactured to sell for what you wanted yet.

Fwiw, the 66/73/.91 spools MUCH better than a 66/68/.91 on a 6.7. On stock fuel it is completely tow friendly all the way past 20k in tow never had spool or egt issues even running 3.55's and 35's.

dseitler

Reaction score
That's what I was running was the 66/73/91 and we moved that over to the Cummins 6.7. The 63 had the 68. I had a little problem with the 366 spooling but I'm real critical it spooling below 2100. Mine would not with any tune but I don't want to mislead anyone. Whenever that 366 lights with even 1388 pw it will break the tires loose in 3rd gear and it's a blast! If you can live with a Turbo that comes on around that rpm I highly recommend it. You can make 650 with that Turbo real easy. For the price you can't beat it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dseitler

Reaction score
Sorry we could not have been more help in your transition to a fixed geometry single. We just do not have the parts available and manufactured to sell for what you wanted yet.

I appreciate the help and the info you provided. What I was trying to do was mix and match it was hard. I have been watching closely the 15 kits and there is a lot if interest down here. When I get this all put together I will give you a call about them. My question is do you think the 15 kits would work on the CC's? Not worried about the fit just about the lack of fuel to drive the larger Turbo. Whats your thoughts? We have 36 ourselves and the guys in Miami with the wreckers are asking about kits.

Reaction score
I guess there may be some differences, but the 66/73/.91 spooled hard around 1800 from a dead stomp. A puff of smoke and gone. But cruising with a light foot it would spool from 1500. We also use smaller tubing in our kits which helps with spooling because of the lesser volume required to fill before pressure can be made. I don't think I was misleading anyone with my post. I put almost 10k on my truck with the 366 and now on the other 6.7 with the billet version and the updated kit. I've towed at over 4000 ft with a combined weight of over 25k lbs. nothing about it scares me. A 63 will spool quicker. To each there own. I guess I may have a little different taste in turbos and my experiences with them. I would not be afraid to use a box 366 on any tuned and deleted 6.7 for any job. They tow like a monster and make great power. If you don't quite expect as much performance the 63 is a good choice too. Or go to a fmw charger. The 6.7 truly is a great platform for non vgt singles. That being said my '15 with the 64mm modded factory charger is a total riot to drive and spools effortlessly. So that may be a big plus for people in the less than 600 hp crowd.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I appreciate the help and the info you provided. What I was trying to do was mix and match it was hard. I have been watching closely the 15 kits and there is a lot if interest down here. When I get this all put together I will give you a call about them. My question is do you think the 15 kits would work on the CC's? Not worried about the fit just about the lack of fuel to drive the larger Turbo. Whats your thoughts? We have 36 ourselves and the guys in Miami with the wreckers are asking about kits.

Yes I've sold a lot for f450 and 550's. Need at least a performance dpf on tune to drive them harder (at least to the 440 hp like a '15) and a boost fooler would be magical too. I need to check into that more. What did you use?

Give me a shout when your ready I will take care of you however I can.

dseitler

Reaction score
Cheap Napa air regulator set to 20 psi made a fitting to mount the sensor on the end of the hose. Tadd made it. Never saw over 20 psi no matter what happened. LOL
Not for resale but for testing it was a slam-dunk

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Cheap Napa air regulator set to 20 psi made a fitting to mount the sensor on the end of the hose. Tadd made it. Never saw over 20 psi no matter what happened. LOL
Not for resale but for testing it was a slam-dunk
so does that mean that the good ole boost foolers for the 7.3s would work or? like riffraffs fooler? I think they are set to 22lbs.

live life full throttle

dseitler

Reaction score
The non VGT I just unplugged it. With the big VGT the ECM was knocking me down at 30psi. Not sure of the sensor voltage cut off or range it was to hard to read. At the time we were going after the Duty cycle and this was a quick fix that worked.My biggest fear is that they are going to drop voltage sensors for logic in the future and then its going to be a new game. They are already doing that to us on the German cranes which most are these days.

CATDiezel

Reaction score
The non VGT I just unplugged it. With the big VGT the ECM was knocking me down at 30psi. Not sure of the sensor voltage cut off or range it was to hard to read. At the time we were going after the Duty cycle and this was a quick fix that worked.My biggest fear is that they are going to drop voltage sensors for logic in the future and then its going to be a new game. They are already doing that to us on the German cranes which most are these days.

Most things operate on PWM signal anyways foe finite control of actuators.

dseitler

Reaction score
e20250d33fcacc4c78ed8ad6d5e78917.jpg

caa65a0122b83284f3cb138226cb2ec9.jpg

2d1b5be55dc00296bdd4f457a2b1058c.jpg

9159fad738372c24add1ec15a66220b4.jpg

b3bec26b4fb3c907aa8c5371595a6eed.jpg

This is the latest Turbo we are testing. HTT365FMW. This Turbo is a 64.5/70/91. What makes this special is the 70mm Turbine wheel. We notice right from the start the lowest back pressure to boost than any other tested. Next week new exhaust manifolds and a HTT Pedestal will be installed. More to come.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Radioflyer

Reaction score
These work great on the 6.4's and i'm pretty sure Mike @ no limit fab was running one of these or a s367 on there and liked it alot on his 6.7.

Should be a fun charger for ya :thumbsup:

Garrett ball bearing would be fun as hell also...

Latest posts

Members online