6.7 hpfp install

Raptorgabe

Reaction score
Gonna buy a 15 hpfp for my 13 and was wondering do I need anything else besides the pump for the install like gasket or new lines or anything ? Also how tough is the install ? I'm just want to make sure I get everything so I can put it in when I get it

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
There are timing marks on the gears already. Bar the engin over. I believe there are 2 on the hpfp gear and 1 on the cam gear. Either way the locating pin will be straight up. I would put new intake gaskets on, as well as a new vacuum pump gasket. Ford says the lines need to be replaced, but you can get away with reusing them.

ford rules

Reaction score
We have had many failures at cat from not doing so, the flare cracked where it seats and leaks. Im not sure if its as big of an issue on the 6.7 though so just take that for what its worth.

Cat no says to replace any high pressure fuel line if removed.

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Not too awful bad, pull both intakes, upper fan shorud, inner shroud (need to rotate.to remove) and fan, remove belt and fan hub, remove bolts for vacuum pump cover and nut holding gear on. Remove supply lines to pump (forgot youre gonna need orings for that, 2 green, 2 yellow), remove 2 19mm fuel line nuts and kinda bend lines out of the way, unless you are gonna deplace them. Remveove 1 8mm headed bolt retaining lines to retainng bracket, 2 8mm headed bolts holding retaining bracket to bolts holding pump tioo front cover, 3 13mm nuts holding pump to front cover. Use either a damper puller with 2 6mmx1.0 threaded bolts(6.0 intake bolts work good) or an air hammer if you dont plan on reselling or reusing th pump. Then reverse procedure. Bleed fuel sysatem by turning key on about 10 times for 10-15 seconds each time prior to starting.

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Not really no. Get a 1/4in wobbly 8mm for removing the rear most intake bolts, and probably about a 12-18in extension. I dont know exactly how big, as its th biggest 1/4in extension i got...

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
First one could take all day. If youve had intakes off before, and have an idea on doing it, could probably be done in about 4 hours or so. For a first timer, the upper intake an inner fan shroud are gonna be the biggest pita. I still fight the inner shroud from time to time.

Raptorgabe

Reaction score
I hope the pump makes a diff from the work lol ! I did my turbo can't be worse than that can it

Raptorgabe

Reaction score
Not too awful bad, pull both intakes, upper fan shorud, inner shroud (need to rotate.to remove) and fan, remove belt and fan hub, remove bolts for vacuum pump cover and nut holding gear on. Remove supply lines to pump (forgot youre gonna need orings for that, 2 green, 2 yellow), remove 2 19mm fuel line nuts and kinda bend lines out of the way, unless you are gonna deplace them. Remveove 1 8mm headed bolt retaining lines to retainng bracket, 2 8mm headed bolts holding retaining bracket to bolts holding pump tioo front cover, 3 13mm nuts holding pump to front cover. Use either a damper puller with 2 6mmx1.0 threaded bolts(6.0 intake bolts work good) or an air hammer if you dont plan on reselling or reusing th pump. Then reverse procedure. Bleed fuel sysatem by turning key on about 10 times for 10-15 seconds each time prior to starting.

by intakes ur meaning the big black thing on top and
the big cast piece that connects to the turbo and reg intake right ?

Raptorgabe

Reaction score
when I go to bar the engine over to set up timing marks how visible are the marks ? gonna tackle this is a few hours

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Very, they are black on the gear. Just wipe the oil off if you cant see them clearly. Damper bolts are 12pt 18mm.

Latest posts

Members online