6.7 Levling Kit Icon or Ready Lift?

TXGLASSMAN

Reaction score
Hey guys thinking about a leveling kit for my 2011 6.7 f-350 king ranch

My question is ive always had a lifted truck and never owned one that was just leveled untill i lowered my 2005 6.0. I used the BTS leveling kit and loved it and didnt have an issue with it. But i am wanting to try something different and i know that Icon and Ready Lifts are about the 2 most popular leveling kits out there in the ford superduty world.

what kit would you guys recommend and why?

i do tow with my truck from a 6500 lbs bass boat to a 32' gooseneck that can be loaded with upwards of 20k on it.

so what kit should i get?

17BLKplat

Reaction score
Sub'd

I'm looking for some answers too. Everything I've heard says Icon is boss right now. Better than OEM ride quality and the components are top notch. But the ReadyLift kit doesn't look half bad either, but I could be wrong.
Maybe some guys have experience with both.

Reaction score
The icon really will be best but alot more money. The reason its the best is cause they give you new shocks that are valved specific for super dutys, and they also give you new dual rate front springs that should ride better than factory. If money really isnt an option then icon is the clear choice but most people seem to be very happy with the ready lift.

David S.

Reaction score
I'm hearing alot of good stuff about icon lateley. There a hit right now so I'd go with that

OOWeaver68

Reaction score
Icon, and dont look back.

I had Readylift on mine from 17k miles to 55k, then found a used Icon Leveling kit. I could tell a hell of a difference, and other people notice the better ride also. Even people who hardly ever ride in my truck...they just know it rides better than other Super Dutys.

Last edited:

17BLKplat

Reaction score
Sounds like I found the answer. Guess I'll scrape up some extra coin to do it right, which I don't mind doing really.
This truck deserves the best.

TXGLASSMAN

Reaction score
i feel the same as 06TW050Diesel, i want my truck to have the best of the best and if that means holding out a little longer to get the right leveling kit or lift kit if i was going to lift it then thats just what it takes. So i gues ill be doing the same and doing what i need to on my end to hold out and get the icon kit. I know now that there are like 5 different stages to the icon leveling kits. Do any of you guys have a suggestion as to what stage is the best stage to get?

17BLKplat

Reaction score
Welcome on board Jesse!
I'm in the process of narrowing down which kit. From what I'm learning, the stage 2 seems to be plenty for my application.

TXGLASSMAN

Reaction score
Welcome on board Jesse!
I'm in the process of narrowing down which kit. From what I'm learning, the stage 2 seems to be plenty for my application.

nate are you going to do the adjustable pan rod bar as well, and if so are you going to get the one with the upgraded end link on it?

broncof250444

Reaction score
i feel the same as 06TW050Diesel, i want my truck to have the best of the best and if that means holding out a little longer to get the right leveling kit or lift kit if i was going to lift it then thats just what it takes. So i gues ill be doing the same and doing what i need to on my end to hold out and get the icon kit. I know now that there are like 5 different stages to the icon leveling kits. Do any of you guys have a suggestion as to what stage is the best stage to get?

Whatever tight ass you got the Franklins! :flipa:

TXGLASSMAN

Reaction score
well guys i gave in and bought a leveling kit yesterday

i bought the 2.5" coil springs and alignment cams, track bar with up graded end link, and then a front set of bilstien 5100 shocks for the front.

My truck is still got a long ways to go for needing new tires so i am going to run the stock tires till it needs new ones and then when it does i will probably up grade all 4 shocks to the bilstien 5160 resivor shocks

had to order the parts in should be here in a few days and ill deff post some before and after pics for you guys

OBSWIZ

Reaction score
Sorry late seeing this thread but as both a Icon dealer and a Pure Performance dealer the Pure Performance 2.5" 4 link kit will hands down ride better than a Icon. You can add the Pure 4 link arms to a Icon 2.5" kit. The Pure Performance coils IMO ride better than Icons which are a little stiffer and better for snow plow or winch bumpers.

TXGLASSMAN

Reaction score
Sorry late seeing this thread but as both a Icon dealer and a Pure Performance dealer the Pure Performance 2.5" 4 link kit will hands down ride better than a Icon. You can add the Pure 4 link arms to a Icon 2.5" kit. The Pure Performance coils IMO ride better than Icons which are a little stiffer and better for snow plow or winch bumpers.

well beingthat my truck has a full front ranch hand replacement bumper that was also sprayed with a color Matched Line X bed Liner its probably better that i went the Icon route.

My truck rides and handles great i love it and im really glad i decided to do it cause it rides better than stock im my opinion

Strokerguy

Reaction score
Stage 2. Is that with the rear 4" blocks and front coils with shocks? What's the average prices y'all coming up with? I'm around $1100-1350??

OBSWIZ

Reaction score
Stage 2 Icon comes with their Piggy back shocks.. Your probably looking at a stage 1 with their std shocks for the prices your seeing..With and without the rear blocks. And you still need to add a adj track bar. You have to add in a adj track bar..most dealers list it as a option..its required.

Cary

Latest posts

Members online