6.7 Lights issue..Is it a Switch? A short?

CMCx2012

Reaction score
Please help guys!

I am trying to figure out a lighting issue that I am having. I searched end over end and cannot find a definitive answer.

I don't know if it is a need for a resistor, or if it is actually something major, but every now and then for example the parking lamps wont come on; sometimes they even come on with the light switch in the off position. Other lights in the truck (foglamps, tail lamp, flashers) will also stop working on occasion. The blinkers do blink fast, and sometimes a light or two will randomly not work, but then it will work later... I am dumbfounded.

I believe maybe it is the head lamp switch? All I have done to the lighting of my truck is a set of Recon tails, interior LED bulbs, HID foglamps/headlamps, and stock turn signals. Anyone have an idea?

CMCx2012

Reaction score
On a slightly different note, would anyone by any chance have a photo of the adjustment piece to aim our 2011+ headlamps? I couldn't really see in there..

CWAY6.7

Reaction score
I had HELL with this. I went back to stock bulbs and solved all my problems.

1st: I had a PPE HID 6k kit. That was garbage and went out quickly.
2nd: Plashlights LED headlight kit, made my flashers come on when I was making left and right turn signals. Also would flicker then cut off and never work again.
Both the above were dual beam kits. Tried replacing my LeD turn signals with regular bulbs, and it quit making flashers come on when I turned....But the Headlights still quit working
3rd time: A replacement LED headlight kit from plashlights and Recon LED lighting all around the truck (Figured all LEDs would change my luck)......
Same result.....The recons kept working but didnt solve the problem

My theory: Something to do with the actual OEM headlight harness. I noticed all of my ballasts were so damn hot it almost burned you. Those LED ballasts are supposed to run a lot cooler and so is the actual headlight bulb. Not sure if a relay or resistor is the problem on the aftermarket HID kit I had or the ballasts on all kits, is the reason they kept going out? Granted my truck WAS lit up like a christmas tree as shown below......Could be my own fault for having too much **** LOL

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 64

CMCx2012

Reaction score
This son of a bitch truck keeps acting up!!! Now the damn tail lamp is out again AND I am getting the quick flashing signals. I even went back to stock lamps, but I still have no luck :(

Maybe I need a "re-flash"? Resistors?? Idk...

Latest posts

Members online