6.7 Nitrous

Spatel23

Reaction score
I wouldn't think so. Overspeeding the stock turbo is already a possibility with a tuner. Adding nitrous will greatly increase that possibility.

It MAY be doable after adjusting the stock wastegate but I don't know how to do that or if it would have enough adjustability.

Of course this is just my opinion.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
I wouldn't think so. Overspeeding the stock turbo is already a possibility with a tuner. Adding nitrous will greatly increase that possibility.

It MAY be doable after adjusting the stock wastegate but I don't know how to do that or if it would have enough adjustability.

Of course this is just my opinion.

agreed. that IMO, would be a timebomb with a short fuse.

WoodBoy

Reaction score
I thought nitrous was pretty much like ether for the west coast guys? I didn't know it was used for anything else

ClayStewart

Reaction score
I've made lots of nitrous passes in my truck. I swear I can't break the damn thing. Haha it really likes a small jet. My setup activates on the upfitter switch and I just have it wired into the accelerator peddle as a WOT switch.

Powell

Reaction score
I've thought about it since I have most of the parts for a kit in the shop right now. I doubt you would have that much of a spike in boost to need an external gate. When we used it on my buddies compound 12V we had a drilled out jet in a NOS dry kit nozzle with the Pro shot solenoid; the boost was 88-90psi on turbo only and 88-90psi on nitrous. He did not have his external gate yet, but the spool time... Well another story! ;)

Last edited:

Dan

Reaction score
If H&S can do it....

With proper gateing it's totally an option on stock rods!

From what I hear these engines really like spray especially when they are built!

You can't be scared all your life! :)

4EverBoosted1

Reaction score
I have a bottle ready for when my build is done. I don't know if I will use it or not but it's there.

Latest posts

Members online