6.7 Nitrous

highdrum

Reaction score
Is rods enough bullet proofing for say 700hp on these trucks, or is balancing/studs/head modifications needed to be reliable at those levels? I'd like to run a Danville Garrett 71mm 4094VNT on one of these trucks. There's just not much options for gating it.

Super08Duty

Reaction score
Is rods enough bullet proofing for say 700hp on these trucks, or is balancing/studs/head modifications needed to be reliable at those levels? I'd like to run a Danville Garrett 71mm 4094VNT on one of these trucks. There's just not much options for gating it.

There are more options for waste gates than you think. Rods with a balanced bottom end should be no problem. Studs would be smart while the motor is apart.

highdrum

Reaction score
There are more options for waste gates than you think. Rods with a balanced bottom end should be no problem. Studs would be smart while the motor is apart.

What are some of the options as far as using the factory EGR port? Won't it only relieve pressure from 1 bank of cylinders? I know H&S's headers, as well as Elites T4 pedestal all have gate ports, but what other options are there?

Super08Duty

Reaction score
What are some of the options as far as using the factory EGR port? Won't it only relieve pressure from 1 bank of cylinders? I know H&S's headers, as well as Elites T4 pedestal all have gate ports, but what other options are there?

Use elites pedestal or run a gate on each manifold. Those are 2 very good options

drunk on diesel

Reaction score

If you're taking the time to put rods in an engine, I would hope you balance the recip assy. And I would do studs while you had it apart too

Latest posts

Members online