6.7 powerstroke and cummins upgradable to what point?

torque beast

Reaction score
I read a thread at one point but can't seem to find it. It talked about the differences between the two as far as strengths and weaknesses. Air flow of head(s) of each ect. How far can they push the two engines and still leave emissions in tact?

ghohouston

Reaction score
Leaving the emissions in tact is counter productive( for the time being). Dpf failure will be imminent, use of exhaust fluid will go uo, as well as fuel consumption due to the increased regens. Now, supposedly there is progress being made with dpf on tuning, but me personally, wouldn't want to keep those devices on my truck. I just cannot see how the dpf will survive for any normal amount of time with a tune. But I may be totally wrong here

04stroker

Reaction score
I don't know about heads. But both in my opinion do not have strong rods from factory but the dodge trans sucks compared to the Fords in my opinion and I drive a Dodge. Lol

WHY NOT

Reaction score
I think a tuned and deleted 6.7 cummins makes about 480 which is pretty much the same as an 11-14' 6.7 PS. This is just what one of my friends that drives one told me, but its not their latest and greatest stuff either. We have been seeing quite a few 6.7 power strokes on here over the 600 mark now with some air and fuel.

torque beast

Reaction score
My wife misses my Meg cab so am considering another dodge. The new ones are better than my 09 but your right the trans sucks. Thinking about an aisin trans but thinking the powerstroke will be easier to get power without the need for studs and tranny

ftast350

Reaction score
Guys are seeing 560hp outta the 15' PSD which has an overhauled fuel system and injectors along with the new turbo (single compressor).

04stroker

Reaction score
My wife misses my Meg cab so am considering another dodge. The new ones are better than my 09 but your right the trans sucks. Thinking about an aisin trans but thinking the powerstroke will be easier to get power without the need for studs and tranny

I have seen no proof of what is different or better in the Aisin. All I find is people saying "they are stronger". It is a hefty up charge at the dealer and they could not tell me what was better about it.

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
The Aisins are better if you're comparing factory to factory

They're not "bad" transmissions, but the lack of ability to tune them and lack of upgraded hard part support makes it "worse" from an aftermarket performance standpoint.

I'd rather have a 68RFE equipped truck than Aisin equipped, but I still prefer the Ford.

You can make considerably more power, safely, with less modification with the Ford. And the fact that the truck is just built better overall is icing on the cake.

torque beast

Reaction score
From what I understand the aisin has a 4 disc converter bigger input shaft and the gearing is lower ( comparable to the ford) and doesn't have the spray like the 68re. I like the interiors of the ram but also love my ford

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
man, go drive a couple

the newer Dodges are lightyears nicer than the 3rd gens

I've got a buddy who buys/sells a lot of trucks. He's a super duty guy all the way, but he's been driving a 2011 Dodge that he got at auction for the past 5 months or so because he likes the way it drives and pulls so much.

definitely check out a few of each and see which one fits better

torque beast

Reaction score
I did and agree they are definitely nicer than my 05 and 09 dodges but there are things I like better on my 12 ford. Wish I could combine the two and have the perfect truck. I always tune them so I am torn between MCC for my H&S or get the ram and get EFI. I think that ford actually has a good engine now.

Fox

Reaction score
If you want a Mega cab, just hang tight for a while. Ford should be releasing a new aluminum bodied Superduty within the next year or two, some of the pictures of them look like they may have a megacab in the works.

torque beast

Reaction score
Really? So they are going to skip the boxed frame and go straight to aluminum. That will be interesting to see how it holds up to a diesel. If it does it should be extremely quick.

Jbird

Reaction score
What sucks about the new dodges (13+) is the unlock process to tune cant be reversed. So theres no pulling the tuner off to keep your warranty when you go to the dealer.
Also trans tunning is an extra 300 bucks plus the 600 you have to spend just to unlock the ecm. None of this is including the autocal its self

powerstroked08

Reaction score
My buddy literally tuned his '12 (emissions on) and maybe 2 weeks later returned it to stock. About 6 months later he went to the dealer to get it looked at for a tick. They saw it was tuned at "some point" and voided his warranty. So don't think they won't find it on a pre '13 truck. They are watching those things very closely apparently. Just my .02.

theplumber

Reaction score
If you have a good dealer he will take care of you even if its tune or deleted. My dealer take care of my truck and said to me (Fred relaxe if something happend we will take care of it )

Envoyé de mon iPhone

torque beast

Reaction score
If ram would put the high output and aisin in the 2500 with coils in the rear I would probably go buy one today

Latest posts

Members online