6.7 problem. Please help.

huffy67

Reaction score
Sadly I won't have the part till Monday but I will report back then and let you know the outcome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Since they call this the "fuel pressure regulator" wouldn't I see a problem with the rail pressure watching it on the scanner?

The rail pressure will usually look fine at idle but, since the computer has issues controlling the regulator, it shuts the truck off as soon as you try to apply any pedal.

I have also seen them where they will run for about ten seconds, until the computer senses an issue, then shut off on their own without any throttle input.

huffy67

Reaction score
Great that sounds like my symptoms! I sure hope this is the fix.

huffy67

Reaction score
Well I got the fuel pressure regulator changed this morning and still no change. I have no idea what's wrong with this thing.

huffy67

Reaction score
It barely runs now, sounds like a 4bt Cummins or something. Here are the codes it just threw.
602582d41e5d2cb46a9a80ada4d63b36.jpg

huffy67

Reaction score
Already did. It's in spec. It starts and idles badly for about 20 seconds and dies and throws those codes ^^

pdumont01

Reaction score
That looks like a lot of rusty debris on the end of the regulator. The pump probably got damaged from bad fuel or water. The ones I've seen never had that much rust on em. Although I've only done a few.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

huffy67

Reaction score
I'm pretty much thinking it needs a pump and injectors. But it was running fine, never had a problem. Right up until the instant that it quit.

pdumont01

Reaction score
Probably took a little time for the junk to circulate through the system. Def do injectors and return lines and flush out return line to tank. one I did had metal in the tank I had to drop it down and clean it all out. 6.7 are super sensitive to fuel quality and water.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Dzchey21

Reaction score
The leak portion is what is a little concerning, It could be leaking through the injectors but its hard to say. I don't know if there is a test procedure for checking bypass fuel while cranking or not like duramaxs and CAT engine.

huffy67

Reaction score
There wasn't really any metal at the screen on the regulator like the pump is bad. The truck should still be under warranty, it's a '13 with 87k but the guy lives here close and wanted us to try and fix it. At the cost of thousands though I'd say it is dealer bound.

huffy67

Reaction score
Well luckily they will not see a dirty regulator in this one, as it is brand new. Lol

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Did you ever take a fuel sample. Ive seen stuff like this with def or gas in the tank. Had one with gas in it that ran fine except intermittent miss for about 5 seconds on first start. It was very intermittent and ran fine otherwise. I spent days chasing my tail before i finally pulled a fuel sample.

huffy67

Reaction score
I didn't take a sample but I did sniff the tank and there was no hint of gas. And I looked at fuel when I changed the filters, it looked ok.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.