6.7 question

Alfie

Reaction score
Ok for you ford tech guys. So I was installing a brake controller on a ford truck and I went under programmable parameters on IDS. Selected the personality tab. And one of the option is to have "forced regeneration request" an its disabled under the Instrument cluster option. Now for **** and giggles I enabled this and went to the IC and only found that it just gave me a PID for monitoring the DPF. Said it was 80% full. But I couldn't really make it go into regen. Any one of u played with it more and see what all it does?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Big Angry Hillbilly

Reaction score
Basic (not fancy display) clusters have a function you can enable so the operator can manually regenerate the DPF in instances where extended idle periods occur.

Big Angry Hillbilly

Reaction score
If the truck has a base cluster it should be an option now in there somewhere. There was a TSB on it but the number escapes me at the moment n

Alfie

Reaction score
Interesting. Yea it's a base cluster. I played with it for a bit and reset it. Cause had to give the truck back. All I saw was that it said DPF 80% full. But no option to actually make it go into regen.

CWAY6.7

Reaction score
I have the base cluster on my single cab and i looked for this in the menu the other night and i cant find it anywhere. I have a 2012 6.7

4cstr

Reaction score
Having a KR...I'm assuming I don't have the base display, but it sure would be nice to be able to see where the level of the DPF is at instead of waiting for the 50% notification.

CWAY6.7

Reaction score
Hi Jonathan

Howdyyy howdy!!!

I looked again for this today and still cant manage to find it in my cluster..towed my k5 blazer into town and on my way in my truck went into regen mode while i was in a slow part of town...so had to shift manually to keep rpms high to clean my **** out...if someone knows if there is a way to let me know how full my filter is or manually turn it on please post up!!

I would just do a DEE-LEET but bye bye extended warranty... :(

Alfie

Reaction score
It will only show on the base cluster not the fancy one. But it has to be turned ON using the dealer IDS tool. I was in there and saw it. I did try it on the nice cluster (digital display ) and it won't show up any where even after its turned on. But if u have a base cluster then u can have it turned on.

CWAY6.7

Reaction score
Ahh i see now how you would have to get dealer to turn on. Someone would forget or let someone else drive it and have no idea what regen is lol.

Alfie

Reaction score
Ahh i see now how you would have to get dealer to turn on. Someone would forget or let someone else drive it and have no idea what regen is lol.

You can try taking it to your dealer and asking if they can enable it on the instrument cluster. Will cost tho.

Latest posts

Members online