6.7 radiator replacement

Lugger007

Reaction score
Noticed my radiator leaking slightly this morning from driver side. Pic below.

How hard is it to replace or is it worth having the dealer do it?

If I do it, should I stay oem and order from sunrise ford or do aftermarket? Thank you
Brian
75b16b0db7535972631c0b1d0cf953cb.jpg
4edffc9c060f0d5a6fe06fa668605ade.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

anth

Reaction score
I believe if you look at the mishimoto website it gives you step by step instructions on how to replace it. I would say it all depends on what performance upgrades you have and the price of both stock vs oem. If mine were to start leaking I'd replace with a aftermarket one. But if it's still under warranty then I'd let ford replace it.

Lugger007

Reaction score
I believe if you look at the mishimoto website it gives you step by step instructions on how to replace it. I would say it all depends on what performance upgrades you have and the price of both stock vs oem. If mine were to start leaking I'd replace with a aftermarket one. But if it's still under warranty then I'd let ford replace it.

Mishimoto has a really good video on install. Just watched it about 15 min long.
The mishimoto radiator is about 1100$ shipped whereas replacement oem from sunrise ford is about 800$. I dropped the truck off at ford this am to look at it. Hopefully covered under warranty. If they say no then maybe I'll just do it myself.

Tom@BigTimeKustomz

Reaction score
You should be good then. Dealer told me $1700 if I didn't have it. I politely said no thanks I'll go aftermarket at that point.

Lugger007

Reaction score
You should be good then. Dealer told me $1700 if I didn't have it. I politely said no thanks I'll go aftermarket at that point.

Dealer just called. Covered under warranty. He said would have been $1800-$2k without warranty.

Swsignal5

Reaction score
Dealer just called. Covered under warranty. He said would have been $1800-$2k without warranty.

Mishimoto is good stuff. I dëłeated my secondary radiator and I am running 2 big intercoolers through my one primary. I also do not have a mechanical fan and my electric fans don't really turn on at all. My temps stays right at 195-210. It's incredible.

Mishimoto

Reaction score
Noticed my radiator leaking slightly this morning from driver side. Pic below.

How hard is it to replace or is it worth having the dealer do it?

If I do it, should I stay oem and order from sunrise ford or do aftermarket? Thank you
Brian

Sorry to hear about the failure of your stock radiator. Although not as prevalent as the 6.4L trucks, 6.7L radiator failures are certainly becoming more common as these trucks age.

Great to hear the dealership is going to take care of you on this one!

Mishimoto has a really good video on install. Just watched it about 15 min long.
The mishimoto radiator is about 1100$ shipped whereas replacement oem from sunrise ford is about 800$. I dropped the truck off at ford this am to look at it. Hopefully covered under warranty. If they say no then maybe I'll just do it myself.

Thanks for taking a look at our video!

Mishimoto is good stuff. I dëłeated my secondary radiator and I am running 2 big intercoolers through my one primary. I also do not have a mechanical fan and my electric fans don't really turn on at all. My temps stays right at 195-210. It's incredible.

Thanks for the kind words!

-John

Swsignal5

Reaction score
Sorry to hear about the failure of your stock radiator. Although not as prevalent as the 6.4L trucks, 6.7L radiator failures are certainly becoming more common as these trucks age.

Great to hear the dealership is going to take care of you on this one!

Thanks for taking a look at our video!

Thanks for the kind words!

-John

I'm not kidding my truck seriously keeps temps perfect with only natural airflow through them.

But..... The 6.7 radiator could use better packaging. Had 2 delivered dented. But every other exchanger I received was packaged excellent.

Mishimoto

Reaction score
I'm not kidding my truck seriously keeps temps perfect with only natural airflow through them.

But..... The 6.7 radiator could use better packaging. Had 2 delivered dented. But every other exchanger I received was packaged excellent.

Interesting, I have not heard of any issues with packaging on this radiator. I will pass the word on to our project management team so they can take a closer look at the way we package the 6.7L.

Thanks for the recommendation!

-John

Swsignal5

Reaction score
Interesting, I have not heard of any issues with packaging on this radiator. I will pass the word on to our project management team so they can take a closer look at the way we package the 6.7L.

Thanks for the recommendation!

-John

It's the 2 big ass posts on the side. During shipment they get hit and dent the caps.

Reaction score

Interesting, have not heard of anyone doing that before. Got any more info on what all you did?

BIG JUICE

Reaction score
Guy lost screwdriver in my radiator during exhaust job. cost to replace radiator was $1800 plus fan and flush. Was going to go with mishimoto. I hope mine doesn't pop. Be real upset on wasted money....

Mishimoto

Reaction score
It's the 2 big ass posts on the side. During shipment they get hit and dent the caps.

Gotcha! We are actually looking into adjustments on the posts in the near future. This should alleviate any concerns during shipping.

Guy lost screwdriver in my radiator during exhaust job. cost to replace radiator was $1800 plus fan and flush. Was going to go with mishimoto. I hope mine doesn't pop. Be real upset on wasted money....

Sorry to hear about the damage to your stock radiator. The 6.7L chassis is not as prone to radiator failure as the previous generation. We have had great success with our aluminum counterpart, and our customers are very pleased with the durability. In addition, if an issue ever occurs, we do have a lifetime warranty on all of our products.

-John

niklid05

Reaction score
I just put a mishimoto in my truck. Its not that bad, 4-6 hours with basic tools. Like mentioned before, the packaging could be better on the mishimoto radiators.

Mishimoto

Reaction score
I just put a mishimoto in my truck. Its not that bad, 4-6 hours with basic tools. Like mentioned before, the packaging could be better on the mishimoto radiators.

Thanks for the input! We are definitely taking a look at the packaging for this particular radiator.

-John

Latest posts

Members online