6.7 torque converter cores needed

Dan

Reaction score
Help me understand here. On a stock 6.7 peak tq is @ 2000 rpm, hp @ 2800. So with a 2000-2500 stock trq, it wouldn't be maximizing stock hp potential? So if I am more interested in making tq and have a cool running tc I would be better with a stock or maybe lower tc stall?

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

ten four!

a high stall converter is for those of us that have way too big of a charger and need every little bit of help to light it.. rpm is a must!

a stock turbo charger will light with minimal rpm hence a stock stall or even lower stall is possible...... big chargers would never light...

i suck at explaining stuff!

Reaction score
Depends...stock turbo yes...if you went with a bigger conventional it won't spool like the stocker can so you wana give it a little more rpm to build boost with...
The stock turbo does pretty good with a 2000 rpm stall speed... lower hasn't been tested as far as I know, it would prolly do good tho depending on what the truck is used for

Jesse_01

Reaction score
I will probably stay stock. I put too many miles on vehicles to mod them to much. I usually trade them in every 2yrs with 120k on them.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Mike@MPD

Reaction score
With a super high stall the truck will be a pig with the converter unlocked. Been there done that. We are running on the 6.4s with big singles I think a 2200 stall with no issues. Craig spooled his t-6 single with it no problem

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Latest posts