6.7 Twin Turbo Setup

Crack85

Reaction score
If I wasn't so lazy, I'd try to find it but I seem to remember you telling Caleb money talks, when he was pissed about you getting a transmission faster. So perhaps Dan if you throw more of those Canadian green backs towards Elite, it may get done faster??

LOL!!!!!

WhiteMamba_Scorpion

Reaction score
Gotta be patient.

My truck hasn't turned over since July 18th of 2013, its rolled in and out and around our parking lot, because I'm constantly testing new parts and trying to replace parts before they break, and down time is the cost for progress. Including pushing my truck outside to get progressed ahead on guys like Peter Schafer. Its the cost of doing business.

Good things come to those who wait, disappointment to those who rush.

Not trying to rustle feathers, but you have got to be reasonable.

Name drop. Way to make me feel bad Jared.

I'm also waiting for a trans from Elite but why rush and overwork somebody. Be polite, wait your turn, and be patient. Like Jared said, good things come to those who wait. You might also say good things come to those who are respectful and enjoyable to work with. If you're an A**hole you're going to get treated like one. I do feel bad for barging in on Jareds build and I'm pretty sure that's one of the first things I brought up when I showed up at his shop needing a motor but he and I both know we want our trucks running and at the end of the day the only thing more Bada** then 1 6.7 from your shop is 2 bada** 6.7s from your shop. But when it's all said and done we're gonna roll around ILL with shirts that say "We're here to F*** S*** Up!"

Craig@MFI

Reaction score
Pretty sad everyone is arguing over who has waited longer and no one still has anything to show for

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Wayne

Reaction score
Uh, this is Dan's thread. LOL I really doubt Dan even factors in other people as there's no reason other customers to have anything to do with his purchase at Elite. Yes, other people have been waiting well beyond their own deadlines, but at the end of the day, Dan's contract has nothing to do with Peter, Jared, Mike, George, Erik, Jim Bob, Kaleb, Joel, Steve, or anybody else. If anybody else has problems or praise then great, but their projects are separate. why should anybody feel guilty for receiving their parts only a year late when somebody else has waited 6? Shoot, I get upset if my stuff is 2-3 days past a deadline when I'm counting on it.

Fast-6.0

Reaction score
You guys act like Dan can just go knock on elites door and pick his motor up along with a refund and take it somewhere else. This sounds like a customer service issue, I don't think people hit the forums right away, I think after failed phone calls, emails, etc any of us get a little fed up.

I'm not bashing elite, I haven't had any dealings with them. I'm just saying if no one shared their experiences with these shops we wouldn't be able to make educated decisions as to who we want to spend our thousands of dollars with.

Here are some details of what Dan knows, since he is acting like we have no communication.

1. Dan texted my personal phone on Sunday and Labor Day. I didn't respond until this morning. So Dan waited 2 non-business days for a response from me.

2. Dan was offered that we would ship all of his components somewhere else to have them assembled since we were not going to be finished by the schedule he wanted. (This was told to Dan the beginning of August.)

3. Dan was informed that we have had a head gasket on backorder with Ford for over 2 months. Dan stated he could get a gasket to us the following week, said gasket never has arrived. (This was discussed the beginning of August.)

4. Dan doesn't have a contract date with us.

5. Dan was informed that two key components needed to be completed by outside vendors before I would have all the pieces to build the engine and that we would schedule the build when those parts arrived. (Discussed beginning of August)

6. Dan changed his engine build with a cam change (and corresponding piston change) mid way through the engine process.

7. Dan was asked for a down payment on the engine, Dan took it upon himself to pay off the engine early without any request from Elite Diesel.

Just a few details.

Last edited:

Mike@MPD

Reaction score
7c99ddc499ada5c4eb695a596147c83d.jpg

Fast-6.0

Reaction score
Update:

I have cancelled the engine build with Dan. We are refunding him for labor that he had already paid for. Any engine builders who want to mess with this should contact Dan.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.