6.7L In bed trailer harness

HeavyAssault

Reaction score
Trying to clarify: What are you trying to achieve? If you want to wrap additional loom around it would not be hard.

The OEM harness will allow some other placement other then the factory installed bed location. It's not a long harness but you can mount it within that same rear quarter. I was going to do mine up higher as close to the bed rail. Just like the guy in the link but up higher on the bed wall.

HeavyAssault

Reaction score
I think I see your question: Since the plug does sit deep without the OEM spacer you want to protect the exposed wiring (as in the pics) with additional loom. I would say the connector pins are weatherproof using small grommets that fit the holes on the connector/plug. I would wrap it with additional electrical tape and call it good.

Swampfox

Reaction score
I think I see your question: Since the plug does sit deep without the OEM spacer you want to protect the exposed wiring (as in the pics) with additional loom. I would say the connector pins are weatherproof using small grommets that fit the holes on the connector/plug. I would wrap it with additional electrical tape and call it good.

For what its worth, I prefer using heat shrink tubing to protect it from the elements over electrical tape and you know it will not come off.

HeavyAssault

Reaction score
I agree about the heat shrink. After putting a few deutsch connectors together for other projects it's easy to see why OEM doesn't worry about "sealing" up the connector ends with heat shrink.

BIG JUICE

Reaction score
wanted to install it without the spacer deal. more flush mounted with less hanging out to get hit moving stuff in bed

Dzchey21

Reaction score
I agree about the heat shrink. After putting a few deutsch connectors together for other projects it's easy to see why OEM doesn't worry about "sealing" up the connector ends with heat shrink.

Best connectors ever. Easy to use and super sealed

Dzchey21

Reaction score
It's a seperate plug in but I would be willing to bet it tees into the main harness somewhere

Betarocker

Reaction score
My truck has the OEM plug, just was wondering if there would be a usable circuit since I will never use it for a 5th wheel. If It's shared then I won't bother.

Betarocker

Reaction score
I looked in the owner's manual and I didn't see separate listed fuses for bumper or in bed sockets, so I will assume from that they are shared.

Skanj0

Reaction score
View attachment 46352
Skanjo you don't have the 12volt option on your refrigerator ?

or are you running a separate power wire for the Lance + power ?

i know Lance specifically states the OEM harness is not adequate

even on my Arctic Fox without the 12volt option ( just gas and 120v i ran a separate large + and - for the charging circuit

I do have the 12v option for the fridge and use it in that mode going down the road, as it won't stay lit in lpg mode. I have a seperate 100a charge circuit that brings the pos and neg to the camper with #2 welding cable and a Phillips Lift Gate plug. The Phillips plug is located next to the Lance cable at the front left side of the camper.

Attachments

• IMG_0483.JPG
    IMG_0483.JPG
    747.1 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_0479.JPG
    IMG_0479.JPG
    845.8 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_0480.JPG
    IMG_0480.JPG
    798.5 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_0059.JPG
    IMG_0059.JPG