6 speed setups

powerstroked08

Reaction score
Post them up! Want to see how big of turbos have been run on them. Just curious as to what kind of setups are being run with the 6 speed. What do you like or dislike about your setup. How's spool up and what not. Pictures are always a plus. Thanks fellas !

Last edited:

powerstroked08

Reaction score
Mines a cclb with tow power x turbos(76/59 both billet), stock fuel, ported 6.0 manifolds, hd up pipes, arp studs, 4" down pipe, no limits intake, rcd ported intake manifold, 5"exhaust, tial waste gate, alradco radiator, fully deleted(egr dpf), flo pro ic cold side pipe, turbo blankets, kpp double disc sintered iron clutch, mini Max with mcc, traction bars, and 35 12.5-20 rubber.

B585Ford

Reaction score
I will be getting my truck tomorrow with the new setup so don't have any impressions of it right now. My comments for the setup listed below:
Spearaco CAC, RCD CAC pipe, No Limits CAI, MM w/ GH, DPF/CAT delete 5", Sean's 4" DP, SB DD 3850, Bushwacker flares, Linex, 2.5" Icon level kit, DC FCII 305/70/18, SD inserts tailgate/grill, PMF Tbars w/ 5" block, Elite EGR delete, CFM+ elbow, CCV Mod, 6.0 manifold, Elite Up Pipes, Elite 71mm TP, ARP studs, Ported intake manny

Runs very cool - EGTs stay in check even when climbing steep grades with heavy loads (grossing 30k and over).
Makes good power...but there is never enough hence the most recent upgrades.
Except I thinking synchos may be a little worn (based on sound), the tranny has been bulletproof once I did a clutch. Synchos aren't nearly bad enough to swap them.
All the other obvious perks of having a stick.

Dislikes:
Hard to shift
Shifts are slow.
Clutch is also very loud.
Truck is slower off the line cause I have to shift gears.

As it stands right now, I am over-clutched (my clutch was designed for 800 HP sled pullers).

Josh@DirtyDiesels

Reaction score
I'll send this link to my friend matt. He has MPD 66/88 compounds , dual fuelers, and 60s. Truck is a blast.

RedRice589

Reaction score
I will be getting my truck tomorrow with the new setup so don't have any impressions of it right now. My comments for the setup listed below:
Spearaco CAC, RCD CAC pipe, No Limits CAI, MM w/ GH, DPF/CAT delete 5", Sean's 4" DP, SB DD 3850, Bushwacker flares, Linex, 2.5" Icon level kit, DC FCII 305/70/18, SD inserts tailgate/grill, PMF Tbars w/ 5" block, Elite EGR delete, CFM+ elbow, CCV Mod, 6.0 manifold, Elite Up Pipes, Elite 71mm TP, ARP studs, Ported intake manny

Runs very cool - EGTs stay in check even when climbing steep grades with heavy loads (grossing 30k and over).
Makes good power...but there is never enough hence the most recent upgrades.
Except I thinking synchos may be a little worn (based on sound), the tranny has been bulletproof once I did a clutch. Synchos aren't nearly bad enough to swap them.
All the other obvious perks of having a stick.

Dislikes:
Hard to shift
Shifts are slow.
Clutch is also very loud.
Truck is slower off the line cause I have to shift gears.

As it stands right now, I am over-clutched (my clutch was designed for 800 HP sled pullers).

I'm interested in your truck. I wish I could have ZF-6 swapped my old truck.

This truck has HD pistons, HD valve springs and pushrods. H&s on standard hd300 tune. 66 single cast. Full 4" to dual exhaust. No-limit intake and RCD ss intake elbow. The clutch is a 3850. Not the easiest to shift but it runs good for a very stock truck.

http://youtu.be/1Hal2DrXnVc

That truck looks like it moves out for sure.

B585Ford

Reaction score
I'm interested in your truck. I wish I could have ZF-6 swapped my old truck.

That truck looks like it moves out for sure.

I know on the 6.7 you can control what gear you are in to some degree but I don't know the full capabilities with aftermarket tuning. Could you set your truck up to have a lever coming from the floorboard where you have complete control of what gear it is in...like a tap shifter but it wont shift unless you hit the lever? I think that would be a wicked setup...you would get the best of both worlds.

RedRice589

Reaction score
I know on the 6.7 you can control what gear you are in to some degree but I don't know the full capabilities with aftermarket tuning. Could you set your truck up to have a lever coming from the floorboard where you have complete control of what gear it is in...like a tap shifter but it wont shift unless you hit the lever? I think that would be a wicked setup...you would get the best of both worlds.

It's pretty damn good about doing what you ask it. I mean I loved the compounds and setup of my 6.4. Love this truck too. 6speeds are nice they distract me from the bores of driving.

buck russell

Reaction score
As Josh said, Matt's truck (blcksmk08) is probably one of the more ridiculous compound trucks on here that is zf6 equipped. His truck is setup perfectly for daily driving or balls out street tomfoolery.

Stroked777

Reaction score
This truck has HD pistons, HD valve springs and pushrods. H&s on standard hd300 tune. 66 single cast. Full 4" to dual exhaust. No-limit intake and RCD ss intake elbow. The clutch is a 3850. Not the easiest to shift but it runs good for a very stock truck.

http://youtu.be/1Hal2DrXnVc

Seeing that video makes me want a 6spd in my truck. Anyone wanna trade a 6spd for an auto lol.

CAT35niner

Reaction score
I'll send this link to my friend matt. He has MPD 66/88 compounds , dual fuelers, and 60s. Truck is a blast.

As Josh said, Matt's truck (blcksmk08) is probably one of the more ridiculous compound trucks on here that is zf6 equipped. His truck is setup perfectly for daily driving or balls out street tomfoolery.

Thanks guys!

2008 F250 ECSB

66/88 Maryland Performance compound setup (old style)

Elite Dual Fuelers

Swamps 60% Injectors

Beans Diesel Sump

Fuelab Velocity 200 pump

Elite fuel bowl delete and regulated return

Fully Balanced rotating assembly

Bored .020" over with delipped coated pistons
South Bend 3850 Slipper style clutch (stock trans)

RCD Stage 1 valve springs

GoGo Diesel Stage 2 ported intake

GoGo Diesel Stage 2 pushrods

Stock heads checked, decked, and clearanced for pushrods

ARP head studs

MPD manifolds and up-pipes

MPD CCV and driver side valve cover with CCVs

Dirty Diesel Customz coolant tank

Outside Appearance

BDS 2.5" leveling kit with PMF 4 rear block

Cervini Hood

20x10 BMF Stealth Novakanes (soon 22x10.5 Death Metal Novakanes)

Hankook Dynapro ATMs

Custom 5" Dual over the axle exhaust with Carbon Fiber silver tips

Amp Steps

Smoked out everything

LED everything

PMF brake lines (best investment ever)

Interior not important just some shinny Isspro gauges, add on loud things, make your back sweat seats, and black carpet

Soon to come

OUO bolt on traction bars

Headlights by JD

Trans Brace

Then hopefully Im done lol

As for drivability I love the way its setup right now even though my friends don't seem to think so. Its tuned by Josh at RCD and he has the fuel turned down way low cause I cant stand smoke at idle and off the line. I like the appearance of a turtle off the line to get people off track then when the turbos spool and it starts fueling its end of story. But when i had it tuned full fuel the turbos spooled decent with a lot of smoke. Definitely no stockers. It gets hot quick. But I handle it very well. Never seen over 1150 egt dailying it. But wot Ive seen 1600 the hottest. Cruising temps stay around 700-850. It cleans up every bit of the fuel at 73psi. Back pressure has pegged 100psi when the gate was stuck closed. But with it adjusted properly i usually see around 65-80psi. Cant really think of much more to say about it :shrug:

Ill get pics when the powder coat is done and the new rims are on.

Last edited:

ncollins64

Reaction score
I think he upgraded the brake lines for the same reason I did. I'm lifted and think he is also and Trevor's brake lines are made for lifted trucks without using a drop bracket to move the factory line down. There also made from quality materials from the USA. Maybe be can confirm

CAT35niner

Reaction score
I think he upgraded the brake lines for the same reason I did. I'm lifted and think he is also and Trevor's brake lines are made for lifted trucks without using a drop bracket to move the factory line down. There also made from quality materials from the USA. Maybe be can confirm

Exactly what Nathan said!! I love going fast but I love being able to stop also. When I put them on I noticed a huge difference in the pedal. It's nice to know I have brakes now. The factory ones were stretched with the leveling kit and Trevor's added just the right amount of slack to them. Peace of mind they won't break. I was a skeptic on them but now I recommend them to all my buddies.

Josh@DirtyDiesels

Reaction score
Exactly what Nathan said!! I love going fast but I love being able to stop also. When I put them on I noticed a huge difference in the pedal. It's nice to know I have brakes now. The factory ones were stretched with the leveling kit and Trevor's added just the right amount of slack to them. Peace of mind they won't break. I was a skeptic on them but now I recommend them to all my buddies.

Cool I can't wait to drive your truck now with the new brake lines so it's less scary slowing down from 130+ LOL. 900hp 6spd FTW!

CAT35niner

Reaction score
Have you had any failures in the tranny?

Besides the clutch, have you ever done any upgrades to the tranny?

Fingers crossed. No failures. Trans is still all stock besides the short throw shifter but that doesn't make anything stronger lol.

B585Ford

Reaction score
Fingers crossed. No failures. Trans is still all stock besides the short throw shifter but that doesn't make anything stronger lol.

Good to hear....if your tranny has held to your truck, mine should be a walk in the park.

I have had my truck back from being under knife for less than a week, but so far, I have been extremely pleased with the results. As us gear jammers know, spool up is critical for driveability and this thing spools faster than with stock turbos and my old setup (all the air mods and a 71). I am really glad I did the 15% nozzles. I probably won't maintain on a full PW race tune, but if I am at 1500 RPM or higher, this things lights instantly. Eventually EBPs can get too high on a stock valvetrain (I assume mainly from the stock VGT) so I do have it gated. I tested my EGTs the other day on flat ground running 72 MPH at 1850 RPM (ambient temp was 72) and EGTs were between 535 and 590 if the speed was steady.

Latest posts

Members online