600+ hp H&S tuned 6.7

09stroker

Reaction score
Are these turbos going out on the scorpion diesels common or is it something that occasionally happens?

Also what are they running for a charger on the 6-7s?
A very small twin compressor VGT and a wastegate.

The turbos are garbage. This is the reason you will see many trucks with aftermarket turbos soon.
I think they are junk in a performance application but do fine in stock trim and most tuned situations.

powerstrokin15

Reaction score
Would that turbo work with the dpf on? Just wondering if it could be used deleted or not deleted.

well I'm sure it could run. but it wouldn't run right. airflow is really restricted with a DPF, and a turbo is to gain airflow essentially.. that and fueling is way up with dual pumps. so the DPF wouldn't like that either...

IMO a 64-66mm single would spool great and pull hard at our lower elevations

Eric@HolderdownPerformance

TyCorr

Reaction score
well I'm sure it could run. but it wouldn't run right. airflow is really restricted with a DPF, and a turbo is to gain airflow essentially.. that and fueling is way up with dual pumps. so the DPF wouldn't like that either...

IMO a 64-66mm single would spool great and pull hard at our lower elevations

Eric@HolderdownPerformance

s366....everytime

I'm gonna see about getting one of these..

JDub

Reaction score
Would that turbo work with the dpf on? Just wondering if it could be used deleted or not deleted.

Other than the cruise control being laced into the VGT and needing special tuning on the 6.4L, the single turbo kit WOP built and tested on my truck would work on a DPF truck, it could maintain the EGR functionality as well. Not sure how it differs with the 6.7L though...

JDub

Reaction score
H&S posted this over on PSN this morning...

Fueling capabilities are much higher than 600HP, but power requires fuel and air. Right now the truck is fitted with a single turbo. It makes 600HP on about 1750uS @ 30,000 psi (lots more to go, pending the bottom end holds tight).

6.0L Stroker

Reaction score
Thanks guys I was just curious about it thinking if for some reason anyone wanted or needed to put the dpf back on they wouldn't have to do a turbo swap back the the crappy factory one.

JDub

Reaction score
While the stock rods are still quite small, I think durability will improve with the stock motor with time as tuning evolves.

LB7 motors used to bend rods at 450-500hp, now guys can do 600+

H&S Bentley

Reaction score
While the stock rods are still quite small, I think durability will improve with the stock motor with time as tuning evolves.

LB7 motors used to bend rods at 450-500hp, now guys can do 600+

Very correct. While we are not promising things will hold together at 600HP, we are doing what it takes to get the MOST out of the stock bottom end. Requiring a customer to install rods takes a product into a whole new realm, and cuts the market down substantially. We are striving to keep cylinder pressure spikes to a minimum and lessen the stress on the factory connecting rods.

So far I am loving the truck. Transmission is holding up great with a few tuning modifications, and I don't expect it is going to give up any time soon.

We do not plan on making this kit DPF capable at this time. We may change those plans in the future, but for now we are supporting the race applications only. There is a reason the factory turbos are designed the way they are (for emissions). To be able to improve on what Ford has done and retain perfect functionality of the emissions system would take a LOT of R&D to say the least. The demand is there, but I don't know that anyone will successfully be able to provide support for it.

Thanks for the support guys, we are looking forward to providing some revolutionary parts for this 6.7L Powerstroke. It's time to show all those 6.4L guys that we can have some power too! - I love my 6.4, but this 6.7L is an animal!

TXGLASSMAN

Reaction score
Very correct. While we are not promising things will hold together at 600HP, we are doing what it takes to get the MOST out of the stock bottom end. Requiring a customer to install rods takes a product into a whole new realm, and cuts the market down substantially. We are striving to keep cylinder pressure spikes to a minimum and lessen the stress on the factory rods.

So far I am loving the truck. Transmission is holding up great with a few tuning modifications, and I don't expect it is going to give up any time soon.

We do not plan on making this kit DPF capable at this time. We may change those plans in the future, but for now we are supporting the race applications only. There is a reason the factory turbos are designed the way they are (for emissions). To be able to improve on what the factory has done and retain perfect functionality of the emissions system would take a LOT of R&D to say the least. The demand is there, but I don't know that anyone will successfully be able to provide support for it.

Thanks for the support guys, we are looking forward to providing some revolutionary parts for this 6.7L Powerstroke. It's time to show all those 6.4L guys that we can have some power too! - I love my 6.4, but this 6.7L is an animal!

Good to hear bently.

but if it isnt DPF friendly what does this do to the customer thats in a state that is heavly govern'd by emmission laws. Like california?

Latest posts

Members online