62 s475 190s

PowerstrokeJunkie

Reaction score
Work looks good... I like the idea on the mounting. The 362 isn't a very robust turbo.. Not going to last long without a wastegate?

strokin6L

Reaction score
Work looks good... I like the idea on the mounting. The 362 isn't a very robust turbo.. Not going to last long without a wastegate?

Shawn knows what he's doing. He's built many compound setups using the 62 as the high pressure. Its a very good turbo and will handle alot of abuse.Probably built more compound setups for the 6L than anyone else. Not to mention was the first one to do it back in '05 or '06 I believe. Not his first rodeo.

Last edited:

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
Shawn knows what he's doing. He's built many compound setups using the 62 as the high pressure. Its a very good turbo and will handle alot of abuse.Probably built more compound setups for the 6L than anyone else. Not to mention was the first one to do it back in '05 or '06 I believe. Not his first rodeo.

Well said Chris.

Sent from my BNTV400 using Tapatalk

Redneck6.0L

Reaction score
Ehhh guys sorry. Been a very busy holiday season. Worked most of it. The 62 is a 62/65/70 with internal wastegate over sized. So no back oressure ussues. These 62s are probably the toughest turbo I know of. In overdrive converter locked up it builds 10psi at 1400rpm. At 1800rpm u can roll into the throttle and make 30psi and by time u hit 2000rpm still lock in overdrive it makes 40 plus psi. Spool so nice. However have a heavy black smoke problem. But that it getting resolved when I get back from work in two weeks. I ordered 100 over nozzles from industrial. I was expecting the normal 100 overs we like. But instead they sent there version. Honned out to 100 over. They suck. Shes smokey. So I now have 100 overs coming from industrial. The ones we like lol. I know that'll fix my issue. Maxes out around 55-60. Other than the smoke,which we're fixing. Shes a happy girl

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
Ehhh guys sorry. Been a very busy holiday season. Worked most of it. The 62 is a 62/65/70 with internal wastegate over sized. So no back oressure ussues. These 62s are probably the toughest turbo I know of. In overdrive converter locked up it builds 10psi at 1400rpm. At 1800rpm u can roll into the throttle and make 30psi and by time u hit 2000rpm still lock in overdrive it makes 40 plus psi. Spool so nice. However have a heavy black smoke problem. But that it getting resolved when I get back from work in two weeks. I ordered 100 over nozzles from industrial. I was expecting the normal 100 overs we like. But instead they sent there version. Honned out to 100 over. They suck. Shes smokey. So I now have 100 overs coming from industrial. The ones we like lol. I know that'll fix my issue. Maxes out around 55-60. Other than the smoke,which we're fixing. Shes a happy girl

Great to hear man. Can't wait to see a video.

Sent from my BNTV400 using Tapatalk

swinky

Reaction score
Have you ever built a compound setup off the stocker? I'm guessing the stock turbo wouldn't last long.

Sent from my SM-T210R using Tapatalk

Superblazin

Reaction score
Went for a ride and checked this build out last weekend!!! It pulls like a friggin train!!!

The pictures don't do it justice, the fab work is amazing and clean.

mint-6oh

Reaction score
Has anyone ever had a sucessful compound setup withhe stocker?

Sent from my LG-P925 using Tapatalk 2

Cutting edge diesel sells a compound kit using a stock location vgt as hp. Check out his vender section for pics and pricing

Latest posts

Members online