??? 650 hp

El chupacabra

Reaction score
Is it possible to have a 650 hp on a daily drivin truck that sees towing hauling and plowing without constantly breaking parts.any opinions

El chupacabra

Reaction score
Idk I just want my truck to.have the acceleration that my stang had and still haul my tools around not break parts when I throw it an asswhoopin and hopefully not.kill me on fuel

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
Get ready to shell out some serious cash to push a 6.0l to the 650rwhp mark and keep it reliable. You'll need a compound setup and some spray. There will be a sh*tload of supporting mods that need to be addressed. Good luck.

El chupacabra

Reaction score
I was checkin one of the.diesel mag s.and they claim.it ain't that hard I kinda figured they were blowing smoke

El chupacabra

Reaction score
Are many guys running twins seams like the big vgts are more popular . No chance of 600-650 hp out of a 68mm?

imelmo

Reaction score
I believe they said someone did dyno a little over 600 with a 68mm. Don't know what temps and stuff would be like towing though.

Like stated earlier, pretty sure Shawn's tow truck is in the 650ish range without too terribly much done to it. Stock longblock I believe but you'd have to double-check with him.

smokinstroker

Reaction score
You won't be towing heavy with anything other than twins.
If your trying to get by with a big Vgt or a big non Vgt be ready for lag and high temps.

And $ is going to be upwards of 10k easy

Redneck6.0L

Reaction score
If you do all the work your self, its fairly expensive, if your paying a shop, hope you have deep pockets

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
What made you decide on 650 hp? You'd probably be better off selling your 6.0l and going after a 6.4l. I love my truck, but I'd never shoot for 650rwhp and expect it to hold together as a DD and tow rig. You'd be looking at a built tranny on top of the engine work and that would run at least 3.5k. Why not shoot for say 550rwhp? 550rwhp would put you at around 630-650hp at the crank.

Worstenemy453

Reaction score
Think studs, compounds, injectors, full fuel system, transmission. You could be looking at about $10K to do it right, give a take a little and not counting labor.

I can get you what you need to do it though.

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
68m & 180's would make for a nice 575 hp street truck, not trying to discourage, but if you want a reliable 650hp truck, you might be in the wrong powerplant buddy!

Lubbockguy1979

Reaction score
Mustang like acceleration is achievable with a tuner. My truck will flat out run my wifes 06gt to 100mph. After that it is faster. Our old 03 wasn't near as fast. Now the new 5.0... They are faster though. Past the tuner and as said above... Deep pockets. It can be done, but not cheap. You could probably swap to a different engine at that power level as cheap as building the 6.0.

Latest posts

Members online