6637 or aftermarket cold air

Magnum PD

Reaction score
If you got the spray oil on the filter kind,

Take it out of the truck, find some gasoline, soak the K&N throughly with it, make sure it's in a open place and throw a match on it. Watch it burn and rest easy knowing you saved your engine from getting dusted.

Kae006

Reaction score
Jody @ DP recommended I stick with the stock intake. His exact words were "Keep the stock air box if it is not damaged since it flows more than the 6637". What is everyone else's opinion on that?

ToMang07

Reaction score
6637 and be done with it. Any other advice is meant to sell you something. No sense reinventing the wheel.

ToMang07

Reaction score
"it flows more than the 6637". What is everyone else's opinion on that?

BS%20Meter_zpsvvjjffms.png

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Jody @ DP recommended I stick with the stock intake. His exact words were "Keep the stock air box if it is not damaged since it flows more than the 6637". What is everyone else's opinion on that?
more then likely he was looking at cfm but everyone has made more power with a 6637 then a stock box.. like i have said a million times, golfer at swamps has made over 800 fwhp with a donaldson filter... stock airbox makes about half that i think!

live life full throttle

Arisley

Reaction score
Prior to hearing about the 6637, I was using zip ties on my stock air box to keep it sealed.

With stock or near stock, it is fine. When you start using a lot of fuel running a turbo that sucks a lot of air, the stock box will not keep up.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Prior to hearing about the 6637, I was using zip ties on my stock air box to keep it sealed.

With stock or near stock, it is fine. When you start using a lot of fuel running a turbo that sucks a lot of air, the stock box will not keep up.
but it doesn't pull the minder in the stock box so its fine.......😒

live life full throttle

gnxtc2

Reaction score
Where are guys buying an authentic Donaldson filter from? What is the correct part number?

When I was running a K&N filter, the silicon numbers in my oil samples came back good.

I'm running an open AFE filter currently.

Billy T.
[email protected]

Arisley

Reaction score
Go to O'Reilly's as for a Wix 46637. When you take it out of the box, the filter will have a little sticker on it that says Donaldson 6637.

ToMang07

Reaction score
Go to O'Reilly's as for a Wix 46637. When you take it out of the box, the filter will have a little sticker on it that says Donaldson 6637.

Interesting. I'll have to check that out. Only place (locally) that carries a 6637 around here is NAPA, and they want something like $90 for a non-donaldson one.

psduser1

Reaction score
Or call dale at tymar, afaik, he'll still sell you a donaldson. Can't remember for sure it was less than $50, shipped.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.