7.3 2.5" power potential

JD3020

Reaction score
Here's a pic of it pulling in the light class. I'll quit derailing this thread and let it get back to technical talk. I think I somewhat made my point that a 7.3 can compete to a certain point, you just won't be top dog. But it is fun being different.

Yep, and thats all i hope to do. Be halfway competitive with a 7.3 and turn a few heads.

And i plan on running BFG's on my truck, as i'll also be drag racing it on dirt and asphalt. Seem to be an extremely popular tire here.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Ya most of the tracks we pulled this year were harder than f uck and very dry.

if they stay that way then you need to run a skinnier tire with a lot more sipes and maybe a bit more air pressure in them. all your doing on a hard dry track like that is floating on top. a skinny tire will bite harder cuz of the smaller foot print allowing for more pounds of pressure per square inch of tire.

Yellow1000

Reaction score
I think a semi competitive 7.3 is far more impressive than a cummins or a dmax doing great. Personally. Keep it up guys. Someday I'll have the time and extra funds to give it a shot. There's not one competitive ford around here aside from the lone stroke and I haven't seen it out in a few years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk and ****.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I think a semi competitive 7.3 is far more impressive than a cummins or a dmax doing great. Personally. Keep it up guys. Someday I'll have the time and extra funds to give it a shot. There's not one competitive ford around here aside from the lone stroke and I haven't seen it out in a few years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk and ****.

Unless he sold it to a local then you wont see it...

I have the same goals as most guys with a 7.3... prolly not gonna be top dog but it puts on a heck of a show when you atleast make the cummings and isuzu crowds nervous.

live life full throttle

Petro

Reaction score
if they stay that way then you need to run a skinnier tire with a lot more sipes and maybe a bit more air pressure in them. all your doing on a hard dry track like that is floating on top. a skinny tire will bite harder cuz of the smaller foot print allowing for more pounds of pressure per square inch of tire.

Thanks for the knowledge.

gloan93

Reaction score
I will be running a similar setup as the Lone Stroke my truck will be called Loan Stroke 400/400's BFH 71mm, Swamps gen 3 hpop, Gear Head Custom tunes, Ported Polished Heads, comp 910 springs, Smith Bro Pushrods, Stage 4 e4od just a short spell I know I'm leaving a lot out. I want to rep the Ford all Dodges n Chevys I turned heads pulling my 2011 6.7 I was top 5 out of 20-30 trucks every pull so bringing the 7.3 back.

ibestroken

Reaction score
Not sure in your area but don't knock the idea of a 2.5 7.3 puller. Mine as well as a few other buddys will have some pretty healthy 2.5 pullers this year. My engine is going in this weekend. Had lots of insight and help from irate, dyno proven, and tim at PIS. Great people to work with. One of the ones Im speaking of is a member on here. He's like me and don't post a lot just kind of sits back and reads.

But I say go for it bud and let er eat! 7.3 pullers ftw! lol

Latest posts

Members online