7.3 bellowed up-pipe question?

smitty_289ci

Reaction score
Just installed a set of IH bellowed up-pipes on my truck. Having a hard time getting the pipe to seal at the passenger side exhaust manifold. Driver side is good. Behind the turbo seems to be good. Just having a hard time with this passenger manifold. It's not bad by any means but just enough to bug me. I started with the bolts pretty snug but weren't crazy tight. Have been cranking a little more and testing. Cuurently have the bolts so tight I'm afraid I might snap them off if I go anymore. Anyone else ever deal with this? Just keep tightening? Maybe loosen completely and try again? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Dmstrucks02

Reaction score
I leave everything loose while installing, and get the "ball in socket" at the manifold lined up good.
I would loosen it all up from the back of the turbo down and realign it all

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

TyCorr

Reaction score
Yea, get all the bolts started. Get em finger tight or started and go around tightening them all a bit. If you are doing them in truck, its wise to have an extra set of hands to run the manifold end while you tighten the turbo.

Bluke

Reaction score
If it's in the truck. Pull the passenger side wheel well. With a few long extensions you should be able to get up to the turbo side. I had to drop my down pipe a little.

smitty_289ci

Reaction score
Ok I'll try loosening everything up and re-torquing when I get home. I did them in the truck and started by getting all the bolts started but leaving them loose. Then tightened the upper bolts behind turbo compeletely and moved down to the lower bolts. Snugged both sides then tightened fully. The passenger side was the last one I tightened though. Thanks for the info I'll let ya know how it works!

Dmstrucks02

Reaction score
I didn't lower the passenger fender liner, just trimmed it a little
You can get a socket with a few extensions over the frame
5d8e9397f75d24c48035bc9e431058d2.jpg

015236c153d7a0c10e094d8ec9ad1bce.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online