7.3 Clutch options....whatcha got?

03lariat7.3

Reaction score
Lookin at a valair or south bend 500hp 1000tq clutch. Vendors, whatcha got? Used for towing and street. Post up or PM me. Thanks.

2000wa250

Reaction score
I know I have the dual disc sb one in my truck. Runs great. Not too noisy

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Slate

Reaction score
Subscribed. I been looking for a new one, but I'm needing one rated 650/1300. I know SBC wanted like $1800 and kennypullingparts wanted $1000 (I believe). I think you can get a DD from Kenny's for a little bit less then that for your ratings.

03lariat7.3

Reaction score
I wonder if i have to upgrade the flywheel to accept the 13 in pressure plate or can I just get my flywheel turned? Its a LUK flywheel, and the best part I can turn it at work for free!

Slate

Reaction score
I wonder if i have to upgrade the flywheel to accept the 13 in pressure plate or can I just get my flywheel turned? Its a LUK flywheel, and the best part I can turn it at work for free!

So did you already get a new clutch, or is this just a when it happens deal?

Sent from my iPhone using tapatalk

03lariat7.3

Reaction score
So did you already get a new clutch, or is this just a when it happens deal?

Dont have a clutch yet, need one asap. jus wonderin if I could save some money and use my old flywheel and just buy the clutch and pressure plate kit. Extra $250 for the flywheel.

Slate

Reaction score
How many miles is on the truck. And how does the flywheel look? A new flywheel could be good insurance do you don't have to drop the trans twice, but it depends on how the old one looks. I'd hate to have to drop the trans twice lol

03lariat7.3

Reaction score
How many miles is on the truck. And how does the flywheel look? A new flywheel could be good insurance do you don't have to drop the trans twice, but it depends on how the old one looks. I'd hate to have to drop the trans twice lol

I put a stock power LUK in it at 119k with a new flywheel. It has 172k now. I bet the flywheel is ok but wouldnt know until I get it turned and see how warped it is.

codyc7.3

Reaction score
This should go without saying but if you use your old flywheel make sure it resurfaced. I just put mine back in with 220,000 on it with a south bend 750 DD

Latest posts

Members online