7.3 dtc P0236

Ghost1776

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I have been lurking this forum for years and just now figured out how to use tapatalk.. Forgive me I'm old..

Ok here goes. I have. 2000 f250 7.3 it's straight piped with 6637 mod has a ts chip but just uninstalled It to put the truck back to stock form.. I have zero leaks. Just rebuilt the trans less than 2 weeks ago cause it went bye bye. Also have a edge insight monitor. I use this for gauges.. I have been throwing this P0236 code for quite a while. Never get a check engine light just shows up in my trouble code section of my edge insight.. Now here is where it gets weird... At koeo with ts chip installed my edge insight says 11 psi of boost. Show my absolute manifold pressure at 25. When I switch to a hot tune that boost jumps down to 5/6 and map says 20/21.. After uninstalling the chip completely boost says 5psi in stock mode and 20/21 at idle.. I have replaced the map sensor twice. One shop said could be a bad turbo or map and another shop also said it could be a bad turbo.. Now I'm not here to try to convince myself the turbo is good, if it's really bad then I will replace it.. But the turbo appears fine and has no play at all, in out or up and down. I do hear it spooling but my edge always says 5psi of boost so I don't know what it's actually pushing now.. I'm at a loss cause I have a feeling the mechanics think the turbo is bad but that's cause the map reading and boost reading so jacked up.. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

79jasper

Reaction score
If the turbo was failing, you would see less boost.
Hook up a mechanical gauge to check it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Ghost1776

Reaction score
Yeah I'm gonna have to break down and get a mechanical gauge to be safe. If the truck is over 2k rpms I hear it spooling and it has plenty of power. But once it falls down to 1100 or so man it just falls on its face. Until I give it some gas. Started to wonder if the map sensor grounded out somewhere. Cause I know I shouldn't see any boost at idle. I have cleaned the ebp sensor tube, made sure the ebpv wasn't getting stuck. I have no other dtc code than the stupid P0236 lol. Once it gets light outside I'm gonna check the wiring for any issues.

Last edited:

Ghost1776

Reaction score
Update!!!! So turns out after tracing the wires that someone had put a resistor in the map line.. I have no freaking idea why cause now the power is back and so is the fuel economy. Still gonna have a boost leak test done just to make sure I'm getting accurate readings from my boost gauge again. Man on man was this a nightmare.

Ghost1776

Reaction score
Update!!!! So turns out after tracing the wires that someone had put a resistor in the map line.. I have no freaking idea why cause now the power is back and so is the fuel economy. Still gonna have a boost leak test done just to make sure I'm getting accurate readings from my boost gauge again. Man on man was this a nightmare.

IMG_2973.JPG
548d9bc1b71864a3003377b5204455b6.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_2973.JPG
    IMG_2973.JPG
    305.8 KB · Views: 75

Ghost1776

Reaction score
Hope this helps someone out in the future.

Latest posts

Members online