7.3 electrical issues..

Cody

Reaction score
Just got my motor back in my truck over the weekend and am having a couple electrical issues that I cant seem to get down.

1st and most annoying one - When I turn the Radio past 22ish (aftermarket pioneer avic x930bt) the volume starts to cut out really bad (doesn't matter if its am fm cd dvd Bluetooth or phone plugged in threw cord)

However if I adjust the balance so it only plays off of one speaker it seems to work fine?

2nd issue - I have no tail lights. However break/turn and reverse seem to work just fine. I traced and wiggled the wire all the way up to where it plugs in at the firewall and it didn't seem to help a thing. However it was working two nights ago when I drove the truck home after getting it all together.

I know my batteries are pretty week, would this affect anything?

Everything else seems to work perfect..

Thanks guys.

hwrdbd

Reaction score
I know it sounds stupid, but did you try replacing the bulbs with a known good bulb? Test the bulb socket for power and work your way back. I know a little about wiring but no expert for sure, especially with a stereo. When you say it works if you isolate to one speaker, are you referring to one speaker in particular? Or do you mean that you can bal/fade to any individual speaker and it functions properly?

Cody

Reaction score
Got the tail lights going ended up to be a crusty wire.. And with the stero I can isolate it to one speaker and it will work fine on one speaker at a time but if you fade/bal it to two speakers it won't work fades in and out.. And it's not the batteries bought new ones today

ToMang07

Reaction score
Got the tail lights going ended up to be a crusty wire.. And with the stero I can isolate it to one speaker and it will work fine on one speaker at a time but if you fade/bal it to two speakers it won't work fades in and out.. And it's not the batteries bought new ones today

My guess is your head unit is drawing more power than can be supplied.

sent while swerving into the wrong lane...

TyCorr

Reaction score
You know, your headunit could be.losing a.channel or.two. Could be more wiring too.Code.

Cody

Reaction score
I pulled everything apart and didn't see any bad wiring/redid it.. Tomorrow ill tear into it more.. Do a little more investigating just seeing if anyone had some direction to go in... I hate electrical

TyCorr

Reaction score
Cody, did you cut the stock wiring up to install the radio? If you used a harness it could be a bad connection. Good luck man!

TERRCO

Reaction score
You have lost the ground for the stereo somewhere. Run a piece of wire from the ground on the battery(not from where you think it's ground-go straight to the battery) then touch the other end to the metal housing on your radio. If it quits doing what you said then your ground on your radio has a bad connection. It could be the ground straps from the engine were not all put back correctly. I see this alot after an engine swap.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Terrco-we were trying to diagram his grounds out on the phone last weekend. Good call!

Cody

Reaction score
Terrco good call.. Me and Ty were doing just as he said.. Thanks ill check it out in the am.. I'm just ready to be done with this damn thing and drive it after having it sit all apart after three months

Cody

Reaction score
Plus there was alot of beer involved in getting it back in I'm sure one may be missing!!

TyCorr

Reaction score
LOL you flippin crack me up!!

Im right there with ya...ready to get mine back together.

Cody

Reaction score
Bumping this back up.. I need a radio it's hot as hell here and still haven't gotten my a/c recharged!!

I checked all grounds everything looks good!!

I also tried the wire off the battery to the case.. No difference.

Anyone else?

Dantheman

Reaction score
I had several corroded wires running under the plastic trim under the driver door. It took out the radio and the dome lights. I fixed the wires and replaced the radio and then no more issues.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.