7.3 Injector Internals Questions

Reaction score
I removed an injector from the higher milage engine of the 2 that i have purchased recently and tore it apart. I checked the solenoid and it tested good (3.0) The poppet did not have any damage/wear. Is this a common thing not to see wear at the poppet? I then removed the nozzle holder from the body, and checked everything. The only thing that jumped out at me was a little discoloration on the fuel side of the plunger. I didnt see any vertical scoring of any kind. Id like to know if there are any "problem areas" i could check, and get an idea if i have a decent used injector or one that will need some work. Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks Cory

Reaction score
Bump.

The only problem ive had is the intensifier piston is stuck in the body. I had a torx bit screw driver wrapped in small piece of shop rag pushing on the top side pretty hard and it wouldnt budge. Aside from that, everything came apart very cleanly. Just hoping some people can shed some light for me as this is my first injector tear down. Thanks again

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
Bump.

The only problem ive had is the intensifier piston is stuck in the body. I had a torx bit screw driver wrapped in small piece of shop rag pushing on the top side pretty hard and it wouldnt budge. Aside from that, everything came apart very cleanly. Just hoping some people can shed some light for me as this is my first injector tear down. Thanks again

Be very careful and used compressed air to get it out.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.