7.3 Injectors and Turbo

riverboy460

Reaction score
alright in case I did not post an update. I purchased the irate diesel t4 s366 kit from jake at irate. had them do the coating to the turbo housing and uppipes. I bought the riff raff diesel 3 inch billet plenums and new riff raff boots. riff raffs ocr boost fooler since I am already get over code bost on my full force 180/30 1.5 injectors.

recently installed riff raffs ccv mod. love the idea hate the smell outside the cab. I am thinking of adding an adapter and more length to run it out to the back of the truck. also recently installed the riff raff frx.

trying to set this truck up to be a excellent dd and tow pig that is also reliable. currently hating the addition since I lost mileage I am down to 150 miles for a half tank of fuel and I used to see 300 on my stock injectors. hoping its a issue with the epbv and up pipes cant wait to delete them. possibly could be my tunes as well they are the the free ones that full force gives you for the hydra when u buy there injectors.

I will post more when I get the turbo in sometime next month when I get home from a work trip. still waiting to receive the t4 kit and turbo from irate last word was he was waiting on the coater to finish the job. thanks for all the replies. hopefully I didn't make a mistake in all my mods. called a few different shops talked to several people and advice from member on here etc. all told me this would be a awesome set up and make plenty of power.

White Buffalo

Reaction score
alright in case I did not post an update. I purchased the irate diesel t4 s366 kit from jake at irate. had them do the coating to the turbo housing and uppipes. I bought the riff raff diesel 3 inch billet plenums and new riff raff boots. riff raffs ocr boost fooler since I am already get over code bost on my full force 180/30 1.5 injectors....................

t............ I lost mileage I am down to 150 miles for a half tank of fuel and I used to see 300 on my stock injectors. hoping its a issue with the epbv and up pipes cant wait to delete them................

I have a similar setup on my Excursion. 160/80 FF injectors, T-4 with S366 turbo, regulated return, stock fuel, Riffraff billet intake plenums, etc... It's a great daily driver , quick spool up and plenty of power for me. I don't tow with it much, so I can't comment on that part. But the S366 spools up quick and it is one fun setup to drive as a daily driver. The few times I did tow with it I can understand the previous comments & concerns about drive pressure & EGT's. But 95% of the time we use the F-250 to tow with - so for me it's not an issue.

I've had this setup since July and driven about 5-6,000 miles. I have not experienced a drop in MPG's so I would start checking your sensors and possible boost leaks.......

Last edited:

gnxtc2

Reaction score
alright in case I did not post an update. I purchased the irate diesel t4 s366 kit from jake at irate. had them do the coating to the turbo housing and uppipes. I bought the riff raff diesel 3 inch billet plenums and new riff raff boots. riff raffs ocr boost fooler since I am already get over code bost on my full force 180/30 1.5 injectors.

recently installed riff raffs ccv mod. love the idea hate the smell outside the cab. I am thinking of adding an adapter and more length to run it out to the back of the truck. also recently installed the riff raff frx.

trying to set this truck up to be a excellent dd and tow pig that is also reliable. currently hating the addition since I lost mileage I am down to 150 miles for a half tank of fuel and I used to see 300 on my stock injectors. hoping its a issue with the epbv and up pipes cant wait to delete them. possibly could be my tunes as well they are the the free ones that full force gives you for the hydra when u buy there injectors.

I will post more when I get the turbo in sometime next month when I get home from a work trip. still waiting to receive the t4 kit and turbo from irate last word was he was waiting on the coater to finish the job. thanks for all the replies. hopefully I didn't make a mistake in all my mods. called a few different shops talked to several people and advice from member on here etc. all told me this would be a awesome set up and make plenty of power.

Did you install the 180/30 injectors? If so, did you re-tune for single shots if your truck is a SD?

I opted for the BASB turbo as it flows more than the 366 and has a lower drive pressure.

Also, please fill out your sig so we know the year and mods you did to your truck.

Billy T.
[email protected]

Last edited:

riverboy460

Reaction score
In case i did not clarify. The mpg loss is before switching the stock turbo out. Recently my mileage has been getting worse. I jut recieved the turbo last night and t4 kit. Will be 3 weeks to a month before i can install. Duty calls and away i go for a little bit. I will update when the switch over is done. I have a suspicion that its a up pipe issue. I see 25+psi on my stock turbo with stage 1.5 ff injectors. If fuel economy stays this low i am going to wish i kept my truck all stock for the 5-600 miles i used to get to a tank. I have gone 188 and i am under a half tank now so its way less. No issues with my uvch either ohmed th out all .2 and all injectors buzz good.

Last edited:

White Buffalo

Reaction score
For comparison - With the 160/80 injectors, T500 pump, S366 turbo, 3" lift & 33" tires I averaged 17 mpg on my 650 mile trip home from Denver, averaging 70-75 mph. So I think you can get the mileage back up - just need to find the cause.

Latest posts

Members online