7.3 Loosing Prime

01XLT

Reaction score
I have a Early 1999 7.3 and it looses prime when it sits or goes below a quarter tank, I believe it may be the O-Rings in the fuel lines. Would the Air Dog pump solve this problem?

Arisley

Reaction score
No. If there is a leak in the lines. The only thing that will fix it is repairing the leak in the lines.

BTW. There is no priming a 7.3

Sent from my truck while eating, adjusting the radio and passing a Mustang sideways.

01XLT

Reaction score
There is no leaks in the lines that I can see, what benefit would the air dog be ?

ghohouston

Reaction score
from all of the crap i have heard in about the past year, i would not buy an air dog anything. im guessing your problem is the foot has broken off of your pickup of the fuel sending unit. you will have to drop the fuel tank, see what is broken off, or if you just have a worn out sending unit that is still telling you there is fuel when there is not... also would be a good idea once the tank is down to look up the in tank mods and do them. like andy said, there is no priming a 7.3...

JLDickmon

Reaction score
from all of the crap i have heard in about the past year, i would not buy an air dog anything. im guessing your problem is the foot has broken off of your pickup of the fuel sending unit. you will have to drop the fuel tank, see what is broken off, or if you just have a worn out sending unit that is still telling you there is fuel when there is not... also would be a good idea once the tank is down to look up the in tank mods and do them. like andy said, there is no priming a 7.3...

Hutch & Harpoon mods

ToMang07

Reaction score

:whs:

Hutch & Harpoon mods

:whs:

www.guzzle7pt3.com/harpoon.php

www.guzzle7pt3.com/hutch.php

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.