7.3 no start aftert new inj.

e99coalbaron

Reaction score
Yeah not gonna point any fingers until the root cause us figured out. I haven't heard much about the truck but I've been working alot lately so I guess when everything calms down ill go out to my buddies shop and try to figure out what happened.

I think this truck hates me though..

CSIPSD

Reaction score
So... Here we are, your now getting ready to buy MORE injectors because they magically went bad from contact with "air"...

Let me guess you still have not picked up AE, you have now pulled the injectors again so we will never know what the issue is, and your "buddies" shop says you need more of those injestor thingys to make that ter disel fel go bang...

Your truck doesnt hate you, your brain hates common sense.

Who flowed the injectors before you reinstalled them?

e99coalbaron

Reaction score
I never said I was buying more injectors. I just updated the thread with the information that was passed along to me. No I haven't picked up AE. I believe I said something along the lines of "I have bills to pay first"
If you're gonna be a dik you can just stay out of my thread. I never claimed to be a power stroke god so no I don't know everything. That's why I made the thread, to ask questions. Not have some douche tell me I'm stupid

e99coalbaron

Reaction score
image_zps500aa8c2.jpg

Here douche this is how they determined they were bad.
The guy that flowed them is a vendor here. He told me they flowed near perfect but never actually gave me a flow sheet

CSIPSD

Reaction score
I never said I was buying more injectors. I just updated the thread with the information that was passed along to me. No I haven't picked up AE. I believe I said something along the lines of "I have bills to pay first"
If you're gonna be a dik you can just stay out of my thread. I never claimed to be a power stroke god so no I don't know everything. That's why I made the thread, to ask questions. Not have some douche tell me I'm stupid

You have a five page fricking thread with people telling you EXACTLY what you need to check, none of which you have done, but your "buddy" tells you you have bad injectors, even though you had them "flowed" before installing them...

Sorry, just call it like it is.

907DAVE

Reaction score
You'll have to forgive Joe, he's been pretty grumpy around here lately.

e99coalbaron

Reaction score
And I checked everything you guys told me to within my capabilities. Then I sent it to a diesel mechanic to check the rest.

He put a scanner on it at first said no power to the injectors. I have no idea what he changed or fixed that with. Then he said the icp was spiking and thought maybe I busted an oring on the install so he pulled the injectors. Then for the hell of it I guess he flowed them and they sucked.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
You'll have to forgive Joe, he's been pretty grumpy around here lately.

PMS...

Or just tired of people coming to the interwebs looking for help, and when TON's of experienced people tell him or her how to trace, find or fix the issue, they blow them off and then come back for more.

Facebook is the worst... OMG the stupid is running rampant there.

e99coalbaron

Reaction score
Please explain to me how I blew anyone off? I took all advice that was given. Ill be the first to tell you I don't know much about these trucks. But I want to learn, that's why I came here. I told you I couldn't buy AE right away so I sent it to someone who could monitor icp and dc% values and he found other problems. He's not making money off fixing this truck so why would he tell me something is broke if it isn't?

Okay then, have a nice day.

mandkole

Reaction score
Wow... someone actually said those were ok??? This is what I fear the most about dealing with injector folks I dont know. I wonder if this so called 'reputable' shop swapped your good ones for cores and sent those back to you? Dont want to create a conspiracy theory, but... no engine would have run well on those.

Sorry for all your trouble...

e99coalbaron

Reaction score
I went with the guy because he's a vendor on here. I didn't think about it at the time but he never gave me a receipt or a flow sheet...

e99coalbaron

Reaction score
When I first took the truck to him he said none of the injectors were getting power, then a few days later he said the icp was spiking?

CSIPSD

Reaction score
That again makes me doubt your new results even more. Knowing Tim, and how complete they are...

907DAVE

Reaction score
No power because the ICP was too low. The PCM will never command an injector on if the ICP is not in the 450psi range.

e99coalbaron

Reaction score
That again makes me doubt your new results even more. Knowing Tim, and how complete they are...
How would you explain the flow sheet then? I said I wasn't going to point fingers at anyone, and I'm not but I would like to know what's going on.

And what would cause the icp to be too low?

CSIPSD

Reaction score
How would you explain the flow sheet then? I said I wasn't going to point fingers at anyone, and I'm not but I would like to know what's going on.

And what would cause the icp to be too low?

I dont know. I dont know who flowed them the second time.

ICP can be low for many reasons. But even if 5 injectors were "bad" the truck would still run, just run like ****.

Swamps has a great flow sheet that lays out no start issues perfect... Its what I use...

Latest posts

Members online