7.3 No start Library

silverpsd_06

Reaction score
Thinking maybe we could get a list of all the possible reason's why a 7.3 would not start and compiling them in one place as a starting point for someone that has a problem. Post up what you have had and the solution to the problem. Hope we can get a good list....

dietoremain

Reaction score
If you mean 'common' no start things to check this would be a good idea. but lets not get too in depth lol...
I'll start with CPS.

silverpsd_06

Reaction score
Im talking like anything you have ran into that would cause one not to start..Cover the obvious stuff first then anything you have ran into that was kind of a one off deal. Just a place for new guys to start with when they have a truck that will not start.

I have had bad batteries cause a no start but would still turn the motor over just fine, hooked a battery charger up to it and fired right off

Fuel bowl heater fuse has caused a no start once for me too.

purpleheart350

Reaction score
For guys with a mechanical fuel pump. It can stop working, one way to check is see if the fuel bowl fills up once it is empty. If it don't fill up change fuel pump

silverpsd_06

Reaction score
Same as purple hearts just for the electric fuel system I have had a super duty pump go out on me once.. Pretty basic but still, Can someone say which CPS is the good one the black or the grey??

Fordcowboy

Reaction score
Fuel pump heater/PCM fuse

Fuel pump

Low batteries

GPR

Bad chip to PCM connection

Gelled fuel

Those are the most common I've run into. Things to look for would be No CEL=Fuse or chip to PCM connection, Light colored smoke = GPR, No smoke = Gelled fuel or fuel pump, dim lights or other signs of batteries = batteries or possibly GPR, No tach movement = CPS

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.