7.3 no start

psd92

Reaction score
Last night I was driving and my truck decided to shut off. I pulled off to the side of the road and tried to start it up but It would only crank. The tach did not move so I figured it was the cam sensor but I wasn't changing it along the road so I had some friends pick me up to go get coffee while waiting on the truck and trailer to get there, I tried starting it and it fired right up. I decided to play it safe n trailer it home, I drove it on and off of the trailer. After getting home and off the trailer I replaced the sensor and now it will turn over but not start just like when it first broke down, not sure what's wrong and this is my daily driver so id like to get it fixed asap. Any help or advice is greatly appreciated , thanks. 2000 7.3 zf-6 speed manual ts 6 pos.chip

POWER-STRUCK

Reaction score
first thing check the oil, if the oil is low or has quite a few miles on it change it now and that is the first part of diag

Dantheman

Reaction score
I had an IPR do similar things. Mine would not run when it got to operating temp. I could pour cool water on the coil and it would fire up till it warmed again. $60 bucks later form EBAY it was fixed.

psd92

Reaction score
I checked everything I could think of, it ended up being the brand new cps that I had as a spare. Went out and bought another 1, put it in and it started right up.

Latest posts

Members online