7.3 pumping oil into coolant.

Petro

Reaction score
I have a problem that has me stumped. Just swapped a lower mile engine into my truck because my other motor cracked a piston. Well since the swap it has been one problem after another. First it was an oil cooler leak, so I rebuilt it, next I had diesel in my coolant so I replaced all of my injector sleeves and now as of yesterday I had oil in my coolant. I read that it is most likely the oil cooler so I swapped one that had been rebuilt from another engine I had sitting here. Flushed the oil out of the coolant and changed the oil and went for a drive. In a 5 mile drive I pushed almost half of my oil into the coolant. There is very small traces of coolant in the oil so where is the problem? Head gasket? Cracked head or block? Im at a loss. Sorry for the grammar, I'm on my phone.

Petro

Reaction score
Alright, I'll do that tomorrow. It runs good, has great power and doesn't smoke blue or white. Idk, I'm getting awfully tired of trying to make it reliable.

Gary

Reaction score
What I would do is drain the oil and remove the oil filter, then pressurize the cooling system and see if coolant comes out the pan or oil cooler.

Petro

Reaction score
I'm selling the truck, my cousin agreed to buy it off me. I'm just going to cut my losses and buy another 08. When he tears it down, I'll report my findings.

Petro

Reaction score
The block ended up being cracked somewhere inside. We never did find out the exact location. After my cousin bought the truck he was convinced it was a head gasket so he pulled the engine and completely rebuilt it. He reinstalled it and drove it roughly 10 miles before it started pushing oil out again. Never seen anything quite like it. Needless to say that block is going in for scrap lol.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.