7.3 Rough start/ no start

psd92

Reaction score
Hi, my names David. I have a 2000 F-350 7.3l with the zf6 transmission 105, 000 miles. Lately when I go to start the truck when I turn the key to cycle the glow plugs there's a loud buzzing that sounds like its somewhere behind the radio. If I start the truck after hearing this buzzing it struggles to start and acts like the batteries are dead. Today I went to start it and it just kept turning over but wouldn't start. The truck starts fine if the buzzing doesn't happen. I replaced the glow plug relay a few months ago and it has good glow plugs. Before about a week ago I never had a problem with it starting. I plug the block heater in every night, I have no idea what's wrong and id like to get it fixed before something happens and it leaves me sit. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks

psd92

Reaction score
I unhooked the passenger side and tested them individually, they both came up 12.8. Thanks though because when I put the cables back on I also tighened the driver's side and the ground was loose, probably from when my clutch was replaced. That should've been the first place I checked lol, thanks again, hopefully that's the end of this problem.

Latest posts

Members online