7.3 running issues

KNiel3378

Reaction score
I have a 2002 F350 ccsb srw 4x4

I just ran into an issue with a clogged fuel filter after getting some really bad diesel. I changed out the fuel filter and dumped and cleaned the tank and am now running power services diesel 911. That cleaned everything up and the truck is running fine fuel wise, but here is my newest known issue...

At WOT the turbo spools to about 24 lbs and stops at 2800 rpms and the turbo fades down, while still WOT and running the same rmps. I can usually hit 3100-3200 and hold psi at 28lbs and run like a bat outta hell and will only lose psi if i let off the throttle... Any Ideas?

Its a 2002 7.3 with an afe stage 2 cold air intake, mbrp true 4" turbo back straight pipe into 7" stack, ts tuner with beans tunes, wicked wheel, and banks wastegate, and adjustable turbo elbow.

The air filter is pretty dirty... I just ordered a brand new one and itll be here tomorrow. But i was wondering if there could be anything else i need to look for?

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
pull it back out... check the black plastic post to see if the plunger in the top center may have stuck. while your in there, may as well gut the plastic piece too.

live life full throttle

KNiel3378

Reaction score
adyha7e7.jpg

Im not sure if it was stuck, but it was difficult to seperate. Which piece did you say to get rid of

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
or partially closed.... that being he ONLY thing you touched id say it more then likely the problem. unless it wore your pump out by working it harder..

live life full throttle

Latest posts

Members online