7.3 runs rough on extreme tune

psd92

Reaction score
I have a 2000 F-350, 7.3 with the zf-6 manual trans. When I run it on my extreme tune the engine bogs down when I switch to it and my throttle response is horrible. All of my other tunes are fine to run, but when I shift on the extreme tune my rpms drop to idle speed. When I get back on the throttle after shifting it bucks from being at idle, and its pretty rough. I'm not sure what the problem is, the chip was installed before I bought the truck so I'm not sure where it was tuned. The previous owner said the chip was custom tuned but didn't say where, I contacted TS but they were clueless as to what was wrong. I was thinking it might be a lack of fuel pressure or lack of high pressure oil but I'm not sure. Any help would be appriciated.
Mods:
South bend single disc clutch
6 pos. Chip
Gen2 wicked wheel
Hpop cross over tube
Green intake
Ccv re-route
4" straight pipe turbo back
Much more to come

mandkole

Reaction score
Outside of verifying the contacts for an issue on that switch position, you should plan to send it to a chip guy to check the board and for a reburn. Extreme on an other wise stock truck is overrated anyway...

psd92

Reaction score
I very rarely run the extreme tune, but I wanna figure out what the problem is without throwing money into it and not fixing the right issue

POWER-STRUCK

Reaction score
more than likely the chip has tunes from 2 totally different box codes. does it act up if you start it up on that tune and do not switch it?

TyCorr

Reaction score
My truck had a e99 "race" tune inadvertently loaded onto my chip.and the truck would.set a SES light and often die.

psd92

Reaction score
When I switch to the extreme tune it bogs down and sputters for a few seconds. It also idles a little bit lower than normal.

TyCorr

Reaction score
When I switch to the extreme tune it bogs down and sputters for a few seconds. It also idles a little bit lower than normal.

Yea, we all heard ya. Sounds like a.bad tune or incorrect tune to be precise.

Two people told ya, and a tuner also. Pretty good clue. Get some.new tunes.burned.

POWER-STRUCK

Reaction score
its kinda like this:

DAC3 / DAC3 / DAC3 / DAC3 / DAC3 / AWA4
duck / duck / duck / duck / duck / GOOSE

a simple reburn may be the solution

Last edited:

psd92

Reaction score
Plan on it, I wanted more than one opinion before I made a decision. I've had know it all's tell me it was everything from bad fuel to the typical oh it's a powerchoke comments...

ToMang07

Reaction score
If you have someone local with AE or similar code reader (that will read PSDs) I would check out your HPO system.

Latest posts

Members online