7.3 smoky stage II

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
Ok. Thank you. Ive changed so much that my baseline for what's normal is gone.

No problem. The more you modify, the further things get from normal. Can make diagnosis a real headache sometimes. That is all part of the fun though. :D

72ford250

Reaction score
Ok so if one was to change the d66 out what would be the best route to clear the smoke up and performance? Stock turbo, Kc obs turbo, or a t4 set up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TyCorr

Reaction score
I will agree with the t4 but that kc 38 bb turbo would be badazz with this amount of fuel and airflow.

72ford250

Reaction score
Oh ok I see that you can choose style of truck now. Read a few stories were people have order a t4 kit (from various sellers) and had to mod fire wall heavily or re cut and weld dp from the kit to make them fit

gnxtc2

Reaction score
When I went T4, I went with the Irate kit. At the time I bought the Irate kit, a complete DP was not included with the kit. The 90* coming off the turbo was included and you had to finish the DP. Most used 3" flex exhaust to connect from the 90* to the existing exhaust on the truck. I used 3" flex also, worked fine until I wanted to go with a full 4" DP (don't know why :shrug: ) hence the reason for cutting the firewall. A 3" DP fits fine w/o modification to the firewall.

I believe the Irate kit now comes with a DP. Have the slightest clue on fitment, maybe others will chime in.

http://www.iratediesel.com/irdie/product/idp-t4-complete-mounting-kit/

Billy T.
[email protected]

Last edited:

Plzstrokeme

Reaction score
It comes with the full down pipe now. It bolted right up to my diamond eye 4 inch system.

The down pipe does not fit well. It's close but I had to beat the hell outa my fire wall and it still rubs. I'm planning to do body mount bushings soon and I'm hoping it will fix this problem. If not I'm gonna have to cut and reweld.

I agree the t4 setup is pimp. I love mine even with the fitment issues. I run an s366 and it's night and day difference over my d66. I would like to try out the new sxe line of turbos though.

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
Justin going with this turbo and csd mount kit will it be direct bolt in or will I have to be modding the dp to fit

It will all bolt up.

On the OBS trucks, the downpipe can take some time to get fit. The Carson Stauffer kit currently only comes with a 3.5" DP option. He has told me that he can get 3" DP's made for the OBS guys if there is a big calling for it. But every kit I have sold to an OBS guy has worked with the 3.5" DP. Just some firewall modifications. Having a Porta Power would be very helpful as well.

Latest posts

Members online