7.3 Special Edition Turbo?!?!?!

Slate

Reaction score
Tell him not to hit that skinny pedal too much. Mine started leaking in the middle of the weak so I was going to fix it on the weekend when I had time. Well I had to beat some traffic and it blew the boot off. I had to limp it to work and watch my egts.

He really doesn't need a mechanic to push his CAC pipe and boot back together and tighten a clamp.

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
Tell him not to hit that skinny pedal too much. Mine started leaking in the middle of the weak so I was going to fix it on the weekend when I had time. Well I had to beat some traffic and it blew the boot off. I had to limp it to work and watch my egts.

He really doesn't need a mechanic to push his CAC pipe and boot back together and tighten a clamp.

Yeah I know hes kinda I really don't know LOL you get the point

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
Did he get it fixed?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

No he didnt he said hes going to have a "mechanic fix it so whatever thw truck a 2002 CCSB gray and black two tone lariat. its got a GTP38R ATS junk trans CFM banks intercooler kit Swamps IDM some big axles TS chip gauges injectors 4.56 gearing billet rods pistons valve springs head studs blah blah RR and some other internals. Let me just tell you this he knows nothing about diesels LOL he bought the truck from my other good friend that built the truck from ground up.

dsberman94

Reaction score
No he didnt he said hes going to have a "mechanic fix it so whatever thw truck a 2002 CCSB gray and black two tone lariat. its got a GTP38R ATS junk trans CFM banks intercooler kit Swamps IDM some big axles TS chip gauges injectors 4.56 gearing billet rods pistons valve springs head studs blah blah RR and some other internals. Let me just tell you this he knows nothing about diesels LOL he bought the truck from my other good friend that built the truck from ground up.

my honest thought half way through reading this. "theres no way in hell he built this truck if he wont stick a dam cac tube back into a boot and tighten the clamp" can you say bought not built. lol:doh:

Slate

Reaction score
I'm not going to lie. It's kinda sad that he owns something built but didn't know how to work on it

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
my honest thought half way through reading this. "theres no way in hell he built this truck if he wont stick a dam cac tube back into a boot and tighten the clamp" can you say bought not built. lol:doh:

Yeah he bought it from a friend that built the truck. The person who own the truck now DOES NOT know anything about diesels I had to change the oil for him LOL.

Slate

Reaction score
Steak that truck from him and give it to someone who can take care of it

Slate

Reaction score
Why in the world would there be soot around a charge air boot?

I had soot on my y pipe from the cold side pipe. Where it was leaking. I'm guessing with this guy's "built" truck that he isn't light on the throttle either.

Where ever the boost the is happening, the is probably some soot.

jngreen

Reaction score
I had soot on my y pipe from the cold side pipe. Where it was leaking. I'm guessing with this guy's "built" truck that he isn't light on the throttle either.

I think you mean oil residue. You got some problems if you have exhaust running through your intercooler.

DocBar

Reaction score

Soot on your Y? I could see having oil on it from the CCV or hpo leak but how in the heck did soot get on your Y? That would be a monster exhaust leak.

EDIT: If it's oil from the CCV, you might want to pull your IC and wash that baby out. It's full!!

backwoodsboy

Reaction score

Soot or carbon is the result of combustion. If you've got soot travelling through your intake, a boost leak is the least of your worries.

Soot on your Y? I could see having oil on it from the CCV or hpo leak but how in the heck did soot get on your Y? That would be a monster exhaust leak.

Only way it would even be remotely possible is if the turbo center section was massively fubar'ed.

DocBar

Reaction score
Soot or carbon is the result of combustion. If you've got soot travelling through your intake, a boost leak is the least of your worries.

Only way it would even be remotely possible is if the turbo center section was massively fubar'ed.
There's no way it couldn't be noticed. The turbo would frag and the go pedal would stop working.

dsberman94

Reaction score
that sounds like a major boost leak anyway. should be easily noticeable. when we put my 38r in there was a worm clamp that just wasn't tight enough and would make a sound similar to that but much quieter. tightened it down a bit and now its all fine.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.