7.3 STOCK BUILD

kip4234

Reaction score
Looking for honest opinions, not looking to get flamed. Close to 10 years ago I had a injector tip that broke from being EDM'd on a used nozzle. Long story short I built a new short block and built it up nice with good rods and really have a nice engine in my truck. The old short block only had 70,000 miles on it and I had never took it apart until last weekend. Crank and rod bearings are perfect and no issues or needs at all. I figured I had damage to the one cylinder wall from the nozzle and as I took it apart at first I thought it needed nothing. but looking at it after running a Flex hone through it and the cylinder next to it, I see that to be really nice it is going to need to be bored or a sleeve put it. I was going to build this really nice to sell, so my question is would you bore it 10 or 20 over and bore all the holes or just sleeve the one hole and build it standard bore. What would everyone else do it this situation and if you were selling it what would you do. Thanks for any and all input

kip4234

Reaction score
I wish they made a just a 3 over piston that I could weight match to all the rest as I think it could be fixed with just that. but the only thing I see is 10 over or bigger

Swaan

Reaction score
If all other cylinders are perfect then nothing wrong with just sleeving the one hole. If done correctly it will be just as good and last the life of the engine.

thatdude

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
I'd bore them all over but that's just my opinion, nothing wrong with a sleeve.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.