7.3 wont idle .please help

Reaction score
no codes.. ok will try unplugging . dam u guys work fast thank u ..and I did have a bad injector 4 months ago..it never would cut out prior to injector and custom tune ..I will un plug hydra first then icp sensor
Would be easier and faster to unplug ICP first, just saying

06-6.0l, studded, reworked heads, egr ******, blue spring mod, 6.4 banjos, dummy plugs, stand pipe, upgraded stc fitting, New oil cooler, New ipr, New icp, atlas 40 FICM, stage 1 powermax, and Looney wild, 325/65R18

rsater1

Reaction score
what is a POTATO ???.only thing we have here is ALLIGATOR'S and the MOSQUITO'S ..or the state bird no POTATOES. hear BER... snap on but it was giving problems so ........................any way I replaced ipr solenoid and it is 99.9 percent better.............. POTATOES.....it might just be air now ..ok I got the truck up to temp and got it to run with a rough idle .and unplugged icp plug and it stopped ..I plugged back in and stumbled slightly and it changed the idle again.................POTATOES ........ is there a icp sensor that u prefer or to stay away from thanks guys ..and POTATO

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
if it is that much better then drive her hard for 50 or so miles and see if it clears up the idle.

the potato comment was a joke when asking what you scan or read codes with since you never answered the question. so again, wtf are you reading codes with?

live life full throttle

god bless america and the farmer who feeds your fat ass

rsater1

Reaction score
usually... SNAP ON... but it was giving the guy trouble !!!!but no codes that he could find.. if it was working properly

Last edited:

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
usually... SNAP ON... but it was giving the guy trouble !!!!but no codes that he could find.. if it was working properly
i dont know of a single 7.3 that wont have a single code stored even if its just a ebpv control, boost, icp, injector, intake heater, relay, or just simple stuff that has been ******d...

live life full throttle

rsater1

Reaction score
YES exhaust back press control valve..internal control modulr keep alive memory KAM error and intake heater circuit low but that's it ..and I unplugged icp sensor . ran it hard and no problem at all other than check engine light because icp unplugged and slight hesitation again probably because icp unplugged .do u guys agree..

rsater1

Reaction score
great I bought an ebay one..where is the best deal ithink they want 220.00 for 1 FORD THAT IS

Last edited:

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
riffraff diesel has the best prices for stock 7.3 parts

live life full throttle

rsater1

Reaction score
I use them.. good to know.. that's were I got my cps from .!!!AGAIN THANKS GENTS

Jomax

Reaction score
great I bought an ebay one..where is the best deal ithink they want 220.00 for 1 FORD THAT IS

Sadly, that's the rough price on them. Also now is a good time to solder in a new ICP pigtail. The price is even worse, $70 for a piece of wire and connector lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rsater1

Reaction score
THANKS GUYS SORRY ...it took so long to get back to this thread ......it was the icp sensor...THANKS FOR THOSE WHO HELPED!!

BS Hauler

Reaction score
When my ICP went out it would run perfect then it would gallop and die. Start right back up and run perfect again then gallop and sometimes die. I thought it was funny that it would sit there idling with no HPOP pressure on the gauge. Then the gauge would jump to 500 and then back to zero. Nice to have gauges to diagnose with.

Latest posts

Members online