700 hp goal build

powerjoke73

Reaction score
Buddy and I did a road trip down to see the truck and talk to Jonathan this weekend. Got stuff finalized and was told second week of April at the latest. He took my torque converter out and had it tested. Not good enough so the rest of the tranny will be gone through. Hopefully just a new convertor. Decided not to do headers because of funds. He switched the fuel pump to a Walbro. If it doesn't keep up he said we will throw a fuel or aero but he thinks it will hold pressure.

emev0l

Reaction score
I was never able to keep a single Walbro gls392 running for more then 6 months. They held pressure with 238/200's just fine, then I would drive somewhere, shut the truck off, do what I had to do, then when I tried to start the truck the fuel pump wouldn't come on.

I went threw 3 pumps with a full Driven Diesel fuel system from the draw straw to the regulated return.

They're cheap, easy to swap out in a parking lot, but just not reliable from my personal experience.

I suggest an Aeromotive A1000, a Fuelab 41401, or dual stock pumps.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I was never able to keep a single Walbro gls392 running for more then 6 months. They held pressure with 238/200's just fine, then I would drive somewhere, shut the truck off, do what I had to do, then when I tried to start the truck the fuel pump wouldn't come on.

I went threw 3 pumps with a full Driven Diesel fuel system from the draw straw to the regulated return.

They're cheap, easy to swap out in a parking lot, but just not reliable from my personal experience.

I suggest an Aeromotive A1000, a Fuelab 41401, or dual stock pumps.
oh wow.. even with a pre filter installed?

mine gum up from sitting or got trash in them..

live life full throttle

god bless america and the farmer who feeds your fat ass

emev0l

Reaction score
oh wow.. even with a pre filter installed?

mine gum up from sitting or got trash in them..

live life full throttle

Yup, with all 3, but they held pressure fine before they died.

So stock fuel pump with 256,000 miles was taken off working, then 3 Walbro's died between 256,000 and 273,000. My A1000 likes the 350/200's so far.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Yup, with all 3, but they held pressure fine before they died.

So stock fuel pump with 256,000 miles was taken off working, then 3 Walbro's died between 256,000 and 273,000. My A1000 likes the 350/200's so far.
dam. that is nuts

live life full throttle

Swaan

Reaction score
Walboro pumps are ****. They are not even rated to be used for diesel. I had one for 5000 miles before it **** the bed. Fuellab ever since. Id use a stock or 2 stock pumps thou without hesitation. But the Walboro pumps are compleat garbage in a diesel app.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
first one I had in lasted 60k till my tank ended up with a lot of aluminumish metalicy shaving in it and trashed it..

live life full throttle

emev0l

Reaction score
first one I had in lasted 60k till my tank ended up with a lot of aluminumish metalicy shaving in it and trashed it..

live life full throttle

I've heard of people having zero issues with there Walbros, maybe they changed something in manufacturing somewhere along the line.

mandkole

Reaction score
60k out of any replacement pump not designed for the application seems very good. It's about 1500 hrs of run time and more of exposure to the fuel. The first performance pump (an SX gasser pump) on my truck went about the same mileage.

powerjoke73

Reaction score
Quick question. Can anyone recommend a spray paint that matches the tan plastic dash bezel? I'm going to have to repaint after fiberglassing the iPad dash mount in.

Magnum PD

Reaction score
I hope it turns out like you want it.

Lot people been let down by them.

The Brad

Reaction score
Quick question. Can anyone recommend a spray paint that matches the tan plastic dash bezel? I'm going to have to repaint after fiberglassing the iPad dash mount in.

Colorbond

Attachments

• IMG_9382.jpg
    IMG_9382.jpg
    5.8 KB · Views: 68

DieselDC

Reaction score
I got tired of my iPad in the car. It gets to be useless after while. Cool in the beginning but dang I put the stocker back in quick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk