75/83 compund set up

dentexpowerstroke

Reaction score
They are to close in size, and you wouldn't ever have boost until higher rpm. Really a 75 is to big for a hp charger, 64-66 is more of the size you want.

PowerstrokeJunkie

Reaction score
The forged mill s362 is an awesome turbo itself for a 300-400hp setup, with a large wastegate it would be awesome with a 80+mm in front of it

Charles

Reaction score
Use something like an S366, T4 for the second stage because they are cheap, readily available and reliable, then later you can always add something like a GT55.

A charger that makes 600+ as a single is a tweener for a compound setup. Has no real place. Too small for a first stage, too big for a second stage.

Groomzybanshee

Reaction score
Use something like an S366, T4 for the second stage because they are cheap, readily available and reliable, then later you can always add something like a GT55.

A charger that makes 600+ as a single is a tweener for a compound setup. Has no real place. Too small for a first stage, too big for a second stage.

I disagree with the s366 being reliable.

Reaction score
There's no reason it shouldn't be reliable if it's getting proper oil feed/return and your boost to drive ratios aren't insane........... I'd still prefer the S400 frame, but there shouldn't be anything wrong with the S300..

Groomzybanshee

Reaction score
Have you ever ran an s366?.. And try to buy a modded h2 the same size as an s366 and tell me how it's cheaper. The holset is a reliable turbo. The junk 366 isn't. If you haven't ran a 366 then quit being and Internet know it all and shutup. I'm speaking from me experience with this turbo on more than one truck. Not what I read on the net. If you do have a 366 and like it then you must be lucky.

Last edited:

PowerstrokeJunkie

Reaction score
Barking the turbo is extremely harmful on the lifespan of any turbo, im guessing he's barked the shiz out of his thus prematurely wearing it out, and they're junk. I wastegated my s366 and it made ~550hp pretty reliably although that's about all it wanted

Reaction score
Barking the turbo is extremely harmful on the lifespan of any turbo, im guessing he's barked the shiz out of his thus prematurely wearing it out, and they're junk. I wastegated my s366 and it made ~550hp pretty reliably although that's about all it wanted

Thank you...

Wastegates.... Learn what they are, learn what they do. Now use them when warranted. Haven't run an S366 on my truck, but I have datalogged such a setup with no wastegate and then with a wastegate back in January. Even this internet know it all knows how to find out whether a wastegate is needed or not. I can tell you for sure that an S366 w/ 238/100's needs a wastegate. Granted, 4 months isn't terribly long to call it reliable in my experience, but there really is absolutely no reason for it to fail now.. Before, without the wastegate.. Yeah, I could see it failing before too long.

EDIT: I run an S465 for the larger exhaust wheel to get away from needing the wastegate.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.