750 hp trans

Clifford_6.4

Reaction score
Hey guys my trans locked me out of 5th and I have 2 codes so I'm going to replace the shift solenoid but if that doesn't work I want to know what I should get so the trans will hold up to 750-850 hp. Suncoast rebuild kit.......??? any input will be great because transmissions are my weakness

RSK

Reaction score
all billet shafts, and everything else.... probably looking at about 6000-7000 for the the trans...could you get away with something less...probably, not sure on the reliability. I don't know what you plan to use your truck for but personally I plan to make some passes at the track with mine and general shenanigans on the highway including wide open throttle runs daily. and i plan to be around the same power levels on fuel.

http://www.midwestdieselauto.com/64-transmission.html i'd go with a comp trans from midwest and use a dpc converter if it were mine. spend the money once and be done hopefully. I've never had any luck taking the cheap way out of anything so I stopped trying and always go the more expensive, heavier duty option now, and its saved me from doing things two or three times.

Clifford_6.4

Reaction score
all billet shafts, and everything else.... probably looking at about 6000-7000 for the the trans...could you get away with something less...probably, not sure on the reliability. I don't know what you plan to use your truck for but personally I plan to make some passes at the track with mine and general shenanigans on the highway including wide open throttle runs daily. and i plan to be around the same power levels on fuel.

http://www.midwestdieselauto.com/64-transmission.html i'd go with a comp trans from midwest and use a dpc converter if it were mine. spend the money once and be done hopefully. I've never had any luck taking the cheap way out of anything so I stopped trying and always go the more expensive, heavier duty option now, and its saved me from doing things two or three times.

Okay great ...my trucks my daily and it probably won't see 750 for another 2 years but I'm like you I wanna do it once so it's gotta be reliable at 750 and take abuse at the track

RSK

Reaction score
Pretty sure u can get a Trans to hold 750hp for closer to 5500-6000

5500-6000-7000 not much off...he said 750-850 either way I think we can both agree all billet shafts and hard parts would be a wise choice.

Crack85

Reaction score
5500-6000-7000 not much off...he said 750-850 either way I think we can both agree all billet shafts and hard parts would be a wise choice.

Agreed....lol. 5500 sounds way better to the ear than 7000 lmao

RSK

Reaction score
Okay great ...my trucks my daily and it probably won't see 750 for another 2 years but I'm like you I wanna do it once so it's gotta be reliable at 750 and take abuse at the track

ya if 750 is all its gonna see and your not gonna be racing it every weekend then you could probably not do a full comp trans, but personally I like to go overboard and over build everything. so I would just do it anyways. plus we all know no one ever just stays at one power lever for the rest of the time they own the truck, well some do, but most want more and keep going up in power. mines a second back up truck, so I switch between my 6.4 with 99k and my 7.3 with 290k every few days. so i don't need to drive my 6.4 but i don't want anything to start leaking or go bad from sitting so i drive both trucks as much as possible.

Clifford_6.4

Reaction score
Oh don't get me wrong I stomp on it everyday and drive average 100 miles a day so I want something to not worry about even if I decide to pull it then go do 75 laps on the strip in a day

powerstroke 825

Reaction score
I have no personal experience but from what i hear for quality and price jessie warren at Warren Diesel makes a pretty good trans. I for sure have him on list along with Morgan when I go for a trans,which will be sooner than later.

I will say Morgan has some excellent customer service. I called him on a Weds night and he had me a part by Friday morning at my house. Cant beat that!

B585Ford

Reaction score
Another vote for getting a built tranny rather trying to buy the parts and doing it yourself.

Latest posts

Members online