8"+ lift for 2wd?

Jeromy

Reaction score
The biggest lift I've been able to find was 7.5" from Fabtech, I was wanting something big enough to run 37" or 40" surplus tires. Right now my truck is sitting at around 14" from bottom of front fender to the ground on 31" Toyo Open Country's. I've emailed and called a few companies but can't find anything bigger than the 7.5", does anyone make a bigger lift for 2wd?

BK39

Reaction score
Why not? So if he lifts it its retarded bc its 2wd and if he lowers it "he ruined the truck" right? Let the man do whatever he wants to do.

lol, did that hit a spot with you? Hey I like lifted trucks. I also like lowered trucks. But............what's the purpose of lifting a 2wd that high?

f3502wd

Reaction score
lol, did that hit a spot with you? Hey I like lifted trucks. I also like lowered trucks. But............what's the purpose of lifting a 2wd that high?

Whats the purpose of lifting a 4wd that high? 90% of them dont get used anyway let alone even put in 4wd

Jeromy

Reaction score
I just don't like how low my truck is, I figure I might as well go all the way if I'm lifting it because I don't see the point in lifting it just 2-3". Would I prefer a 4wd with a lift? Sure. But I don't have a 4wd and I don't want to go sell my truck to buy one.

Last edited:

Diesel23

Reaction score
Was thinking get a hold of F3502wd Lol , he can guide you in the right direction! !

neverkickn

Reaction score
Looking at going to a 4 or 6inch lift on my 2wd 01. I would prefer a 4 inch. I just need a little more clearance for the rougher roads that it sees and to clear the 33's. I have a coil spacer on it now but the handling and ball joint life is sucking.

Jason

Reaction score
I'm running 275/65/20's on my stock height '00 2wd regular cab. Zero rubbing issues at all. Truck actually sits as high as a stock height '03 crewcab short bed fx4 truck. I know a guy who put a 6" lift on a 04 ecsb 2wd, with 35's, and it was no taller than a leveled 4wd truck on 35's. It was kinda disappointing to spend all that money, and not get height from it.

neverkickn

Reaction score
I was rubbing the radius arm with 285/75/16's on stock wheels so I put in a 2 inch spacer. It stopped rubbing but didn't handle worth a crap. I would like to be a bought stock 4x height.

I'm thinking about this with some heavier springs
http://racecardynamics.com/2wd/99-4...-ford-f250f350-2wd-non-dually-gas-engine.html

Or this with the springs cut to the height I want
http://www.fabtechmotorsports.com/F...0-Ford-F250-F350-2WD-w-7-3L-Diesel-p1126.html

The rcd kit looks like a better kit ( better shocks and stronger sway bar drops) but with the fab tech I wouldn't have to buy new springs.

Last edited:

MR PERSONALITY

Reaction score
love to get more info on this as here in south Africa, no one knows nothing and if asked I get told BS, please help

neverkickn

Reaction score
love to get more info on this as here in south Africa, no one knows nothing and if asked I get told BS, please help

The second link I posted is for a 6" lift. It is the only 2wd diesel lift I have been able to find. That's a little much for me so I am looking for a stiffer spring to replace the springs in the 4" fabtech lift made for the gas trucks.

Latest posts

Members online