910hp

Kind

Reaction score
Just did 910jp@3450rpm and 1480lbs/ft at 2900rpm.

Dyno was too tight to light the turbos fast enough and was 20psi shy of what it does on the street with only 60psi.

Considering a few factors it's a decent number for a daily driver.

Kind

Reaction score
Yes. And elite 110's with a airdog 165. I need dual pumps and a bigger lift pump. I can drop rail psi currently.

Kind

Reaction score
gotta love nearing the millennium mark in a 2wd :eek:

It's got it in it if I address the fuel and load it less initially on the dyno. 20 less psi is good for 10%.

I'd be lying if I said that wasn't my goal lol.

Last edited:

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
what kind of rubber do you have under that thing? Surely it must fall under the category of "epic handful" when you go full load on the street, right?

Kind

Reaction score
what kind of rubber do you have under that thing? Surely it must fall under the category of "epic handful" when you go full load on the street, right?

Nitto 420's. You would be very surprised how well this truck gets traction just laying into it without a boosted launch. 2nd gear will spin them but not enough to leave a patch, 3rd will spin and chirp a little bit. That's it lol. As long as I'm in 3rd before full throttle it will stay planted on dry pavement. But that doesn't mean I don't get a little paranoid when I mash it at 60mph lol. Caltracs make a huge difference.

A boosted launch on theses tires on the street will send them up in smoke all the way though 5th until my hearts content.

Last edited:

Kind

Reaction score
All in all I was hoping for over 900 and I got it. I do want to make over 1000 with this set up tho. I don't think any single pump 6.4's have gone past mid 900's on fuel alone and I think this truck can.

I know I'm leaving power on the table in my timing table but without a timing calculator to assist my lack of tuning knowledge I'm hesitant to go to aggressive. Same in the low end, if I was more comfortable adjusting timing and knowing other parameters effectiveness in aiding initial spool up I could run the changers harder out of the basement. Currently I cruise at 70mph with only 1.5-2psi and same with my dyno run.

They had the dyno loaded so much my truck almost didn't make it from 2000rpm to 2100rpm without stalling. By that time my motor was already to hot and another less loaded run would have been pointless.

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
Nitto 420's. You would be very surprised how well this truck gets traction just laying into it without a boosted launch. 2nd gear will spin them but not enough to leave a patch, 3rd will spin and chirp a little bit. That's it lol. As long as I'm in 3rd before full throttle it will stay planted on dry pavement. But that doesn't mean I don't get a little paranoid when I mash it at 60mph lol. Caltracs make a huge difference.

A boosted launch on theses tires on the street will send them up in smoke all the way though 5th until my hearts content.

that's awesome. 305's?

OEM Michelins on my little sub-600 truck will dust pretty good into 3rd. I'm always surprised at how well it accelerates in 2wd. when I had 305 420's on it, it hooked better for sure. No bars on the truck.

I REALLY want to increase the ignorance quotient on my truck :( :( :(

Kind

Reaction score
that's awesome. 305's?

OEM Michelins on my little sub-600 truck will dust pretty good into 3rd. I'm always surprised at how well it accelerates in 2wd. when I had 305 420's on it, it hooked better for sure. No bars on the truck.

I REALLY want to increase the ignorance quotient on my truck :( :( :(

I believe they are. They use to be 315's but nitto dropped that size.

78f100

Reaction score
Those 420s are pretty grippy. I would roast my 35 nitto mud graps pretty much anything under 60, not so much with the 420s now.
I bet that 2wd is a blast, nice numbers!!!

sootie

Reaction score
The vids are just loading-on the way to you via wetransfer Ryan...

Nice work today buddy!!

Kind

Reaction score
Thanks man!

Good meeting you!

My sister sent me her recording and the more I watch it the more I'm disappointed because I know how much better it runs in the street. I'm lucky if I see 1/4 of the smoke in my first run. And I've never seen it smoke as much as the second lol.

Latest posts

Members online