94 f250 really soft brakes

flashflood394

Reaction score
On my 94 f250 7.3 4x4 5 speed the brakes have always been soft and never really bothered me but I'm going to pick up a 30 ft gooseneck out of state here soon and would like my brakes to be perfect. So I replaced the master cylinder and bleed the brakes twice but if anything now they are worse all the way to the flow. What are my next options. Haven't messed with drums brakes much so any advice is appreciated. Thank you

857a17b3a5692881b18d0b5ef48b1111.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

benjamindurtka

Reaction score
Have you checked the condition of the pads shoes drums rotor or any of that? That would be my first step. Any of those being worn down would cause a really soft pedal. My 94 was like that until I replaced the pads on the front. Made a big difference.

Sent from my C811 4G using Tapatalk

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Check vacuum lines for cracks from pump to booster

That would cause a hard pedal.

First would be verifying that the rear drums are good/adjusted properly. Does the truck have rear abs? I have seen the rabs valve on the frame bypass internally a lot and cause a spongy pedal.

joe d

Reaction score
Did you bleed at both front calipers both rear wheel cylinders and the abs/proportioning block right below the drivers feet on the frame rail?

79jasper

Reaction score
That would cause a hard pedal.

First would be verifying that the rear drums are good/adjusted properly. Does the truck have rear abs? I have seen the rabs valve on the frame bypass internally a lot and cause a spongy pedal.
This.
Everyone wants to skip over the drums, no one realizes how important it is to keep them properly adjusted.

I would also flush the fluid.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

flashflood394

Reaction score
So I haven't had much time to work on it but so far all I have done is put in a new master cylinder, new front brake hoses and calipers and pads. And it still doing it. So now where should I go? Adjust the rear drums and someone said something about bleeding something else besides each caliper? When I pump the brakes and it's off they get hard then as soon as I turn the truck on they soften up then drive a little and stop and pump them a few times and they'll get hard but slowly get softer As I hold my foot on the brake

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.