95 F350 Regular Cab Restoration

samoht517

Reaction score
Looks like a solid project so far. I'd love to restore my old work truck one of these days

Misspelled from a Droid

GreenMachine

Reaction score
Well made a little progress last night and got the header panel and what not off. Down to the radiator support and I need to decided wtf I'm goog to do about it.
6c0cf290-423a-7c1f.jpg

6c0cf290-424c-9ab6.jpg

6c0cf290-4259-c1e1.jpg

6c0cf290-426c-e389.jpg

GreenMachine

Reaction score
Partsgeek.com has them aftermarket, but they are all for diesels without a/c it says. I was going to do a little more looking around and see if i could modify it. A brand new one from parts geek was under $200. Seems like a decent price.

Diesel_Brad

Reaction score
NO ONE makes the DIESEL rad support for the OBS diesels. EVERY aftermarket one that says it fits a Diesel is LIYING!!!! they are ALL gasser ones.
Ford ONLY made ONE Diesel support. It didnt matter if it was A/C or not.

Ford lists $711 for one. But I dont know if they are available anymore

GreenMachine

Reaction score
NO ONE makes the DIESEL rad support for the OBS diesels. EVERY aftermarket one that says it fits a Diesel is LIYING!!!! they are ALL gasser ones.
Ford ONLY made ONE Diesel support. It didnt matter if it was A/C or not.

Ford lists $711 for one. But I dont know if they are available anymore

So basically how eff'd am I? Do i chop cut rebuild what I have or search junkyards or go to tasca ford down the street and have my buddy search nationwide for one? I get everything at cost so if it lists at 700 I'll probably get it for significantly less

Pstroke96

Reaction score
i bought mine at the dealer two years ago, i dont know if they are still available. you could repair it if you are a good fabricator

if your taking those rear spacers off im very interested in them, if your willing to part with them let me know

mwalsh9152

Reaction score
4-5 years ago I got a diesel rad support from the body shop who did my frame repairs supplier. Might be worth trying that route. As said already, all the ones you can find online are NOT the right ones, but the one that I have is absolutely the right piece

Diesel_Brad

Reaction score
So basically how eff'd am I? Do i chop cut rebuild what I have or search junkyards or go to tasca ford down the street and have my buddy search nationwide for one? I get everything at cost so if it lists at 700 I'll probably get it for significantly less

After looking at mine ALL DAY today, In all reality you could use a gasser one. Just cutt the lower section off and fabricate a lower piece to protect the diesel radiator. Nothing even bolts to the lower part other than the 2 little A/C condenser brackets

GreenMachine

Reaction score
After looking at mine ALL DAY today, In all reality you could use a gasser one. Just cutt the lower section off and fabricate a lower piece to protect the diesel radiator. Nothing even bolts to the lower part other than the 2 little A/C condenser brackets

Eff it then, I'm going to order it tommorow and just cut it to fit. Anything is better then that rusty mess in there now. I shot the bottom and fenders of my new bed with SEM Rustshield. Im thinking of doing the same to a new support.

Any opinions? the SEM Rustshield seems like a nice product and did a nice job on the bed. hopefully it'll help the bed hold up to a sander.

Diesel_Brad

Reaction score
Never used Rust Shield. I Use POR15 EXCLUSIVELY and it WORKS.

I just got done doing my new rad support and the back sides of my fenders with it yesterday

GreenMachine

Reaction score
Never used Rust Shield. I Use POR15 EXCLUSIVELY and it WORKS.

I just got done doing my new rad support and the back sides of my fenders with it yesterday

Good to know. Bed got done, an fenders and bottoms of new doors along with the new cab parts and rad support will all be coated lol

Can't be too careful especially since I'm going to plow and sand with her.

GreenMachine

Reaction score
Got some photos of the cab work, and will try to get them up tomorrow if i can find a few minutes.

Question to anyone who's done body work. tricks? tools? i cut out the old **** and left 3/4"-1" or so of overlap. do i flange the new cab corner then fill the seam with weld?

i guess i need to start doing research. the tear down was easy.

This whole body work thing is starting to freak me out.................lol.

GreenMachine

Reaction score

Latest posts

Members online