95 ford Powerstroke ZF5 blowby?

sevrin.murin

Reaction score
I've gotta 95 f250 Powerstroke and I've just noticed that there is blowby coming from below my turbo? Does anyone know if it's a gasket or if something is blown? Any help would be great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sevrin.murin

Reaction score
Do you think any of them involve this sensor that is bad? Btw it's the black one to the right lol. Image1464503667.947387.jpg

joe d

Reaction score
Thats the ebpv connection as long as its opened and staying open then its no big deal.

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
Blowby is vapor from the combustion gases, so after driving for a bit you will have a film of oily liquid all over everything around the area. If it is an exhaust leak, there will be soot. Should be pretty easy to determine which one.

Does it happen at idle? If so, maybe post a video, so someone can chime in with what it is.

sevrin.murin

Reaction score
Blowby is vapor from the combustion gases, so after driving for a bit you will have a film of oily liquid all over everything around the area. If it is an exhaust leak, there will be soot. Should be pretty easy to determine which one.

Does it happen at idle? If so, maybe post a video, so someone can chime in with what it is.

https://vimeo.com/169020070
It looks like it's coming out of the EBPV. Maybe my valve is closed?

joe d

Reaction score
Where that black soot is on that valve may be the smoke your seeing but that will not cause anything other then a dirty engine that is on the exhaust side so that does not affect your boost. Need to look from manifolds to up pipes to y collector then from turbo into intake y then check plenums. Them are the only places a leak will cause low boost..

sevrin.murin

Reaction score
Okay right on thanks I'll just tie it open for bow

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
https://vimeo.com/169020070
It looks like it's coming out of the EBPV. Maybe my valve is closed?

Will having the valve unplugged cause a boost leak?
d2e990650be6a0b1c12367aa9bf35e58.jpg

It is definitely coming from the bottom of the EBPV, and it is an exhaust leak. You can see the soot on the valve itself. You won't have any performance effects from it, but your engine bay will eventually be covered in soot if you don't address it.

Latest posts

Members online