95 fummins

davey99ps

Reaction score
Are you talking about the ram you posted on fb awhile ago? Looked like a pretty nice truck. Good luck with the pull, I might have some ?s for you 1 of these days, been getting closer an closer to saying eff it an dropping a cummins in mine.

not enoughsmoke

Reaction score
Are you talking about the ram you posted on fb awhile ago? Looked like a pretty nice truck. Good luck with the pull, I might have some ?s for you 1 of these days, been getting closer an closer to saying eff it an dropping a cummins in mine.

Yep thats it it was a rolling chassis ready to get it running
ok sounds good let me know i will try to help

davey99ps

Reaction score
I appreciate it Chase, ended up buying my buddys spare motor. My 7.3 is perfectly fine so I'm gonna try to take my time an build the 12v right the 1st time, this way when it goes in it can stay in.

6.0 p-stroke

Reaction score
Nice conversion! What don't you like about the engine mounts you bought? What did you do for ac and power steering? I ask because I'm looking into putting a 12v/47rh in an obs single cab and I want the conversion to go without any major headaches.

davey99ps

Reaction score
Nice conversion! What don't you like about the engine mounts you bought? What did you do for ac and power steering? I ask because I'm looking into putting a 12v/47rh in an obs single cab and I want the conversion to go without any major headaches.

Chase is the right guy to talk to, when I saw his truck his swap looked damn nice, he definitely does clean work. I'm sure he'll get ya pointed in the right direction

6.0 p-stroke

Reaction score
Chase is the right guy to talk to, when I saw his truck his swap looked damn nice, he definitely does clean work. I'm sure he'll get ya pointed in the right direction

That's what I'm hoping for, I can find a ton of info on superduty conversions but the info on obs conversions is pretty slim from what I've found. I'd really like to have all of the little details lined out before I get started. I basically need to pick someones brain who's done it before lol

davey99ps

Reaction score
I know what ya mean, there's tons of info an parts on the sd swaps, but not so much for the obs. I know Fordcummins makes obs motor mounts but I've heard good an bad about them. When I get around to doing mine I'm planning on making my own mounts again like I did on my 76. 1 of my toughest decisions so far though is what Trans to use. I know chase used a dodge Trans, an he told me he didn't have a whole lot to modify to get the shift linkage to work like normal, an by going that route you save alotta $$$ on adapters, but on the flip side, leaving the E4od in place keeps you from messing with that much more stuff.

What made you decide to do a swap? I remember you weren't having the best luck trying to get a 7.3 to work for you.

6.0 p-stroke

Reaction score
I'm not 100% positive on the swap just yet but it's looking like it's going to happen. I really liked the idea of putting another 7.3 in that truck but after the engine we found for it turned out to be bad I lost interest but was still looking for an engine. I couldn't find a 7.3 for less than 1k and they all had high mileage, then I would've had to send the injectors off, hope the hpop was good and pray it didn't need a rebuild, it just seemed like a bunch of money was adding up quick. My little sisters boyfriend has a lead on a complete 95 12 valve truck for a damn good deal, it just seems like doing a swap now makes sense especially if I can get my hands on a complete donor truck, then sell the rolling chassis to recoup some money. The truck most likely won't see any real big power adders, atleast not for awhile. It'd be nice to have something stockish to drive and I'm sure we could tune it to get some decent mileage. I've got my fingers crossed that everything falls into place, still waiting to go pick up the donor truck before the final decision is made though.

davey99ps

Reaction score
Sounds like a good plan, having a donor truck makes things go a lot smoother. Also, as much as I love my 7.3, I'll never get the power or mpg out of it like a cummins. Plus, after having a few 12v apart, I really like the simplicity of them.

not enoughsmoke

Reaction score
got a p-pump motor swapped in
IMAG0790_zps4ee9e4ab.jpg

IMAG0789_zps220bc72c.jpg

IMAG0788_zpse681a61a.jpg

not enoughsmoke

Reaction score
The don't seem to very strong.I have one more motor swap left after the lastest pics you see of the p-pump motor its just a temporary.The A/C is a tractor setup I like the tractor setup better than the dodge BS.Single one wire 200amp Alt and clean as you see it.Lol Power steering i used the dodge pump and i got some cheesy Chit from ford cummins several years ago it just a compression fitting and splice the dodge to the for power steering lines together the only headache i had it the trans not working on the pressure switch setup i desgined but i still have some trans problems
However i have now had some evperience with the Suncoast stand alone unit in a 47/48RE and love it but not in the budget yet i have prior motor plans first.
Thanks Dave

That's what I'm hoping for, I can find a ton of info on superduty conversions but the info on obs conversions is pretty slim from what I've found. I'd really like to have all of the little details lined out before I get started. I basically need to pick someones brain who's done it before lol
i have a small brain so not much to pic at :drool:

I know what ya mean, there's tons of info an parts on the sd swaps, but not so much for the obs. I know Fordcummins makes obs motor mounts but I've heard good an bad about them. When I get around to doing mine I'm planning on making my own mounts again like I did on my 76. 1 of my toughest decisions so far though is what Trans to use. I know chase used a dodge Trans, an he told me he didn't have a whole lot to modify to get the shift linkage to work like normal, an by going that route you save alotta $$$ on adapters, but on the flip side, leaving the E4od in place keeps you from messing with that much more stuff.

What made you decide to do a swap? I remember you weren't having the best luck trying to get a 7.3 to work for you.
Ford Cummins Suck in my opinion but thats my opinion

I'm not 100% positive on the swap just yet but it's looking like it's going to happen. I really liked the idea of putting another 7.3 in that truck but after the engine we found for it turned out to be bad I lost interest but was still looking for an engine. I couldn't find a 7.3 for less than 1k and they all had high mileage, then I would've had to send the injectors off, hope the hpop was good and pray it didn't need a rebuild, it just seemed like a bunch of money was adding up quick. My little sisters boyfriend has a lead on a complete 95 12 valve truck for a damn good deal, it just seems like doing a swap now makes sense especially if I can get my hands on a complete donor truck, then sell the rolling chassis to recoup some money. The truck most likely won't see any real big power adders, atleast not for awhile. It'd be nice to have something stockish to drive and I'm sure we could tune it to get some decent mileage. I've got my fingers crossed that everything falls into place, still waiting to go pick up the donor truck before the final decision is made though.
best investment
What size lift? still 8" or is it 6"

4"